Welcome to TCOYF and OvaGraph Fertility Charting, the official companion websites to my book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
These websites are designed to help you fully incorporate the Fertility Awareness information presented in my book. They also provide excellent educational content, advanced fertility charting tools, and the opportunity to interact with other women in a myriad of forums covering all aspects of women’s health.
Toni Weschler, MPH
Women's Health Educator
As readers of my book already know, the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) is a remarkable system of knowledge that uses your two primary fertility signs - waking temperature (also called BBT or basal body temperature) and cervical fluid - to accurately gauge when you are ovulating. Such critical information serves as a window into your menstrual cycle, empowering you to practice effective natural birth control or pregnancy achievement, as well as to enlighten you on the entire array of life's menstrual mysteries.
Indeed, charting your cycles with the Fertility Awareness Method will show you, among other things:
• When to expect your next period
• When, and if, you are ovulating
• Which days of your cycle you are fertile, in order to time intercourse in order to dramatically increase your chances of conception or avoid pregnancy naturally
• Whether or not you are pregnant, and, if you are pregnant, what your accurate due date is
• The difference between perfectly normal, cyclical cervical secretions and the secretions that are characteristic of vaginal infections
It is unfortunate that the Fertility Awareness Method is even referred to as a method, because in reality, it should be seen as a fundamental life skill that all women should learn, just as they are now taught basic feminine hygiene. This is because the practical knowledge women glean from charting their cycles will aid them from puberty to menopause, and in all life phases in between. While this vital information has been slow to disperse into the mainstream, the good news is that things are finally starting to change. A grassroots movement has begun to spread among women everywhere, which I would like to think is reforming women's health - one fertility chart at a time!
I also suspect that a major catalyst for increased interest in FAM is the emergence of new and amazing tools, like those found here. There is a certain irony, since those of you who have read Taking Charge of Your Fertility know that I've always emphasized that Fertility Awareness is an incredibly natural and low-tech process that ultimately requires just a pen, paper and thermometer. And that's still true. However, it is undeniable that there are some powerful advantages to digitizing the process!
By charting your cycles online or via the OvaGraph mobile app, you will be able to do the following:
• Record changes in your cervical fluid throughout your cycle
• Chart your waking temperature to allow for easy detection of your thermal shift, or let OvaGraph’s proprietary algorithm automatically detect your thermal shift and draw a cover line for you
• Keep track of your unique cycle history, including average cycle length, luteal phase length, and shortest and longest cycles
• Store all of the fertility information that you collect, including ovulation test results, cervical position and firmness, pregnancy symptoms, and the prescription medications and supplements you are taking
• View your fertility cycles in either calendar or chart form
• Generate vivid and clear charts that can be easily shared with your doctor, friends, and Internet fertility community for further analysis.
• Access your fertility charts from your smartphone
I hope you'll soon discover that your own Fertility Awareness community is right here at TCOYF and OvaGraph.com. The tools available here were created to enlighten you about your body in general, and more specifically, the truly wondrous hormonal symphony that comprises your menstrual cycle. In so doing, you will learn an amazing amount about your overall gynecological health.
I wish you all the very best,