Margaritaville!

Sarah (sblake001)
Holly (Purple77)
Shar (sharbear)
Jen (kiwi35)
Lora (lorasteph)

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09
Angel  2/9/10, dx at 7 weeks (blighted ovum)
TTCA for 9 cycles from 4/10-12/10, no BFPs.
Bloodwork, HSG, & SA were normal (tested in fall '10). 
Stage II endo was excised via laparoscopy on 1/19/11.
Started TTC again in 3/11, 5 cycles all BFNs
July 2011:  1st IUI + letrozole (IUI cancelled) = BFP
Angel 9/9/11, dx at 7 weeks
Currently TTA until we find out more info

If you're 30+, TTC#1 after loss(es), come drop by the Triple Threats for some tea & sympathy (over here...)

Not Ranked
Posts 526
Purple77 replied on 01-01-2011 12:36 PM | Locked

Last page of December thread:  http://www.tcoyf.com/groups/triple_threats_30/forum/p/98248/1313781.aspx#1313781

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09

If you're 30+, TTC#1 after loss(es), come drop by the Triple Threats for some tea & sympathy (over here...)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 797
rebeccas replied on 01-01-2011 12:41 PM | Locked

Love the header!

Cycle 1-3 here: http://tcoyf.com/members/rebeccas/pccharts/3.aspx

Current charts: http://tcoyf.com/members/rebeccas/charts/default.aspx

Rebecca: 32 years oldBig Smile DH: 34 years oldLaugh

TTC #1 since Jan. 2010 after 15 years on BCP. One Angel, and PCOS.

Lots of unmedicated cycles, 2 Clomid cycles, 2 Gonal-F/Ovidrel/IUI cycles = BFN. Onto IVF in 2012.
January 2012 - 23 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, none fertilize.

April 2012: IVF#2: with ICSI. 26 retrieved, 20 fert, 5dt, BFP! Chick 6 in the freezer.

The Nugget is due New Year's Day, 2013! Baby Boy

A perfect Christmas gift: Max David arrived 12/25/12!Baby Boy

Full timeline in my bio Smile

My blog: http://waitingforlittlefeet.blogspot.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 526
Purple77 replied on 01-01-2011 12:54 PM | Locked

Happy new year!  May 2011 be a MUCH better year for all of us.

Ramona--How was your party?  Sucks that the progesterone is so yucky already.

Lala--Yay for the doc appt!

Susannah--I understand feeling like maybe something could have been fixed with your fertility a few years ago in your IF-blog reading days.  Lately, I've been fixated on the fact that if I had stayed on the pill until we started TTC, I could have a baby by now.  The pill can stave off endo and I think I made mine much, much worse by going off the pill several years ago.  It pisses me off--I'm mad at myself and at docs for not encouraging me to stay on it with my horrible cramps.

How was last night?  I don't think your were manipulative for saying you didn't want to stay long in the morning. 

Sarah--did you call about the ureaplasma results?

Rebecca--are you feeling better?  What is Angry Birds like?  Don't worry about crying about your friend's pregnancy--so normal.  Oh, and I can't take any credit for the header.  I just used last year's that someone else made and plugged in all of our names!  Thanks, though!

AFM--Man, it was hard being around preggo SIL last night.  More of the same tonight.  She tried to talk to me about my inability to get pg and I changed the conversation.  Then it somehow transitioned into day care vs staying at home and I wanted to yell "I can't even get to the point of researching day cares!"  I just have no patience for convos like that right now--don't talk to me about formula vs breast-feeding, day care, carseats....

How were your NYEs?

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 764
sblake001 replied on 01-01-2011 12:56 PM | Locked

Holly - great header!

All - Happy New Year, I have a good feeling that 2011 will be the year for all of us.  Hope everyone had a great NYE!

Sarah 

Me (38), DH (42) Kiss

TTC #1 for 14 months, charting for 10 months, acupuncture, chinese herbs, fish oil, Spirulina.  IUI #1 w/ Clomid - chemical pregnancy, IUI #2 with injectables - BFP at 11DPO, Beta #1 @ 14DPO - 441, Beta #2 @ 16DPO - 915, Beta #3 @ 18 DPO - 1665, Beta #4 @ 20 DPO - 2856. 

TTC#2 - IUI #1 with 37.5iu Gonal-F - BFN, IUI #2 with 75iu Gonal-F - BFN, BFP at 11DPO on last cycle before starting IVF.  Beta #1@ 12DPO - 300, Beta #2@ 14DPO - 840, Beta #3@ 16DPO - 1550, Beta #4 @ 18DPO - 2822. 

TTC#3 - Started June 2013, IUI#1 with 75iu Gonal-F BFN. IVF#1 September 2013 - Lupron Stop ProtocolFingers Crossed  Continually told 4-6 follicles during stimming, but at ER retrieved 12 eggs, 10 fertilized. 1/2 ICSI, 1/2 natural fertilization. 2 hatching blasts transferred on Day 5.  BFP on HPT on 6pt5dt (11DPO), Beta #1@ 9dp5dt(14 dpo) - 282, Beta #2@ 11dp5dt(16 dpo) - 846, doubling time 30 hours, Beta #3@13dp5dt (18dpo) - 2007, 38.5 hour doubling time.  First Ultrasound at 5w3d, it's twins! BabyBaby.  Heartbeats seen at 6w3d. Angel Twin A lost at 9 weeks.  It's a Baby Girl

June & December 2010, February 2012 Angel chemicals, July 2010 Angel 5 weeks 6 days, suspected ectopic

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/sblake001/charts/default.aspx

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/sblake001/pccharts/21.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 360
SBR26.2 replied on 01-01-2011 8:56 PM | Locked

Happy New Year Ladies!

Holly - Sorry that SIL was annoying with the pg/baby topics.  Is she a person that you would discuss TTC with, or do you want to leave her out of that topic completely?  Do you think she genuinely cares and asks, or just trying to check a box so she can not feel guilty about talking about her kids/pg for the rest of the night?  Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk about anything, but its nice when certain people ask about it because I know they care. 

AFM - The NYE 'party' was fine.  Since it was only one other couple, it was pretty low-key.  They are really good about being sensitive and good listeners when we talk about TTC and our losses.  Maybe because his mom died when he was a teenager, he knows a little bit more than the average person what going through a difficult time and loss is like.  They ended up staying the night and then we cooked up a nice breakfast this morning and they stayed until noon or so.  Their baby is pretty low maintenance and sleeps a lot so it wasn't too bad having her in the house.

CD 24, 9 dpo.  Tomorrow is DH's birthday so I am tempted to test, just in case, as it would be nice to have a BFP to show him on his birthday.  But I know 10 dpo is early for a positive to show up.  Maybe I will just test and then not tell him if its a BFN so it doesn't ruin the day.  Otherwise, I am supposed to test at 14 dpo or so to see if I need to stop the progesterone or not.

Me 33/DH 34.  Married August 2004
TTC #1 since 10/2009
Angel March 20, 2010 @ 4.5 wks
Angel June 7, 2010 @ 4.5 wks

All RPL Testing normal except Vit D deficiency.
11/3/10 - Operative Hysteroscopy and D&C to remove polyps.  Biopsy normal. 
TTCAL armed with progesterone supplements and extra Vit D!

My charts  

Not Ranked
Posts 2,563
lagika replied on 01-03-2011 7:30 AM | Locked

Happy new year, Threats!  Glad to see it's active in here and hope and pray 2011 ships you all off to grads!

I'm Amy from the nursery.  Joined the Threats in winter 08 after having a m/c in June 07.  This awesome group of women got me through the crazy ride that is being a Threat.  HSG showed I have one blocked tube, DH has borderline low motility issues and a varicocele (we did not operate).  After a chemical on clomid came the 3rd and magic clomid cycle (50mg CD 3-7).  The RE gave DH a shot in the ass in case the sperm issue was an infection (we live in Honduras and shots in the ass are pretty common) plus a course of antibiotics.  I came out of the closet on our TTC issues to our family and some friends which was a huge relief, ovulated on my "bad" side, had only 1 follie which was on the small side, and finally got our sticky BFP, a boy who was born in Aug 07.

My DH and I run a home for children in Honduras so my internet is spotty, but I try to get in here when I can and support our Threat sisters. I really hope you have your LOs in your bellies or in your arms by the next New Year.

me 35  dh33

Baby Boy 2 aug 09 (thanks, clomid!)

Angel june 07 & sept 08

surprisingly ok with TTA till Sept 2011

Not Ranked
Posts 8,128
teresamoore replied on 01-03-2011 9:46 AM | Locked

Happy New Year to my lovely Threat sisters!  I pray that this is the year for each one of you to get your take-home baby at last.

Not Ranked
Posts 526
Purple77 replied on 01-04-2011 11:22 AM | Locked

Hi Amy and Teresa!  Happy new year!

Ramona--Looks like you're spotting but that your LP is a pretty good length (good job, progesterone).  Has AF arrived?  I hope she doesn't come.  Glad your NYE was good and that your friends were sensitive about TTC/loss stuff.

SIL does care about our TTC issues but I don't share them with her anymore--got really burned by her earlier this year regarding our m/c and have decided to keep more to myself.  On Sun when we hung out w/ fam, she tried to talk about baby stuff and cribs (again) and I changed the subject as soon as I could.  Her youngest is 20 mths now and unbelievably cute.  It just breaks my heart to see DH interact with the baby...I want him to be interacting that way with our baby now (not X years from now).

AFM--CD18 and still no O.  Don't know why my body has decided to start Oing later.  I'm only OPKing this month, no temping, bc I always get a +OPK at some point and I've been waking up at crazy times so my temps would be messed up, anyway.  And we aren't TTCing this month so it doesn't really matter.

Pre-op appt this Fri!  Surgery is in 2 weeks, 1 day.

Holly

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 764
sblake001 replied on 01-04-2011 12:55 PM | Locked

Holly - Good luck with your pre-op appointment.  Is this procedure expected to give you more insight about your tube and what may be wrapped around it?  Is it possibly endo?

Ramona - Sorry to hear you are spotting?  Has AF come yet?

Rebecca - You had a question in our other group about the CBEFM.  I like mine and given how long your cycles are, it may make sense to buy one.  If I recall correctly mine was $150, then I think it's like $30 for a 30 testing strips.  Not sure if you have a flexible spending account through your employer, but I think this qualifies as a FSA eligible.

Susannah - So you're doing an IUI this month, right?  See my AFM, below for an update on mine.

Amy and Teresa - Thanks for the warm thoughts.

AFM - Talked to my RE today about my test results.  All the blood work came back normal, so I don't have any autoimmune problems, or MTHFR (sp?) or any of those things.  The lab didn't run the sensitivity analysis on the ureaplasma (UGH!!), but the RE said that they only run a sensitivity on azithromycin (which I've already taken now 3 times) and doxcycline, so that is going to be our drug of choice this time around.  Got Rxs for me and DH.  I will start mine after the biopsy on Thursday.  The RE said she didn't want the fact that I was on antibiotics to screw up the results of the biopsy, so since it's only a matter of a couple days, I'm fine with that.  So I asked her whether we needed to wait to get the results of the biopsy before we started back down the IUI route and she said we didn't need to wait, so we'll be doing IUI with injectables in January.  I'm 8DPO now, so I'll probably start the injections next week assuming AF shows up this weekend.  I gave myself a practice shot back in the RE office when we did a cycle review in early December, and it wasn't bad at all (needle is really small) so I'm not too worried.  We are using the Gonal F pen, so it's already pre-loaded, no mixing required at all.  The nurse said the HCG shot was the hardest, so I've already survived that, so I'm good.  We'll see what, if anything, this biopsy turns up, but I think after I finish that, we are pretty much done with testing for me.  Not sure if there is any DNA tests they can do on DH's sperm, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single test out there that I haven't done at this point.

Sarah 

Me (38), DH (42) Kiss

TTC #1 for 14 months, charting for 10 months, acupuncture, chinese herbs, fish oil, Spirulina.  IUI #1 w/ Clomid - chemical pregnancy, IUI #2 with injectables - BFP at 11DPO, Beta #1 @ 14DPO - 441, Beta #2 @ 16DPO - 915, Beta #3 @ 18 DPO - 1665, Beta #4 @ 20 DPO - 2856. 

TTC#2 - IUI #1 with 37.5iu Gonal-F - BFN, IUI #2 with 75iu Gonal-F - BFN, BFP at 11DPO on last cycle before starting IVF.  Beta #1@ 12DPO - 300, Beta #2@ 14DPO - 840, Beta #3@ 16DPO - 1550, Beta #4 @ 18DPO - 2822. 

TTC#3 - Started June 2013, IUI#1 with 75iu Gonal-F BFN. IVF#1 September 2013 - Lupron Stop ProtocolFingers Crossed  Continually told 4-6 follicles during stimming, but at ER retrieved 12 eggs, 10 fertilized. 1/2 ICSI, 1/2 natural fertilization. 2 hatching blasts transferred on Day 5.  BFP on HPT on 6pt5dt (11DPO), Beta #1@ 9dp5dt(14 dpo) - 282, Beta #2@ 11dp5dt(16 dpo) - 846, doubling time 30 hours, Beta #3@13dp5dt (18dpo) - 2007, 38.5 hour doubling time.  First Ultrasound at 5w3d, it's twins! BabyBaby.  Heartbeats seen at 6w3d. Angel Twin A lost at 9 weeks.  It's a Baby Girl

June & December 2010, February 2012 Angel chemicals, July 2010 Angel 5 weeks 6 days, suspected ectopic

Not Ranked
Posts 8,128
teresamoore replied on 01-04-2011 1:12 PM | Locked

Sarah, I hope the doxycyline gets rid of the ureaplasma!  There is a sperm DNA fragmentation test, see the website http://www.scsadiagnostics.com/ (that's who did ours.)  Sperm DNA fragmentation has been linked with IF and miscarriage.  There is a lot of info on the website about possible causes and things you (your DH) can do if it is a problem. 

Holly, hope the surgery goes well!

Love to all.

Not Ranked
Posts 360
SBR26.2 replied on 01-04-2011 2:48 PM | Locked

Just a quick update from me, I'll be back for personals later.  I haven't had any spotting yet.  When you click the link to my chart, it comes up with one from 4 months ago, I need to figure out how to change it to bring up the current month.  This cycle is the one that starts Dec 10th if you use the pull down menu on the chart.

12 dpo today, no spotting, so the progesterone is doing its job.  I'm having a lot of symptoms, but I don't know how much is from the prometrium.  I'm using them as suppositories, which is supposed to minimized side effects, but apparently not for me.  Last night I had such a bad headache and was dizzy and really couldn't function.  I have the same symptoms as the times I was pg, metal mouth taste, dizzy, headache, light cramps, etc.  I tested with IC this morning & thought it might be a squinter so I broke out a FRER and got a BFN.  If I use my imagination, it might be a super squinter.  But at first glance, its BFN.  I am starting to think that if it will be BFP, it would have shown up by now so I must be having side effects from the progesterone and nothing else. *pulling hair out*
My official POAS will be Friday morning to see if I should stop the progesterone or not.  I'll keep using my IC's but probably not a FRER until Friday.

TTC #1 since 10/2009

My charts  

Not Ranked
Posts 8,128
teresamoore replied on 01-04-2011 2:56 PM | Locked

Ramona, your chart looks great!  But that could just be the progesterone.  I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Keeping everything crossed for you! 

Not Ranked
Posts 526
Purple77 replied on 01-04-2011 3:01 PM | Locked

Ramona--agh!  How frustrating!!  I'll be on pins & needles 'til we hear back from you about tomorrow's test.  I missed the dates on your charts, sorry!

Sarah--glad the practice shot was no biggie.  That's good news that all of your blood work was normal.  Annoying that they didn't run a sensitivity test but it still sounds like this doc is more on the ball.  Good luck with your biopsy! 

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09

Not Ranked
Posts 526
Purple77 replied on 01-04-2011 3:04 PM | Locked

p.s.  Sarah--yeah, the surgery should give insight about what my tube is wrapped around and it could be endo.

Me-34, DH-40
TTC since August '09

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 764
sblake001 replied on 01-04-2011 3:19 PM | Locked

Ramona - Can't wait to hear the test results tomorrow.

Sarah 

Me (38), DH (42) Kiss

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 797
rebeccas replied on 01-04-2011 7:19 PM | Locked

Ramona - I'm dying to hear about you testing! Good luck!

Sarah - Thanks for the info on the CBEFM. I might start with digital OPKs and go from there. But, it might be really helpful. DH gets a raise at his new job in 8 weeks. We will consider it then. :) Good luck with the injectibles, etc. Do they have any side effects you need to watch for? I hope this round of antibiotics clears up the infection once and for all!

Holly - Angry Birds is the most addictive game on the planet. I beat the game a few days ago!! It was a free game to download on my Droid.

Susannah - How are you healing up?

AFM - Soooooo tired from being back at school so here is a quickie. I promise I'll write lengthier personals by this weekend:

I'm feeling better thanks to the antibiotics for my sinus infection but no ovulation despite days and days of EWCM. I totally throw up my hands right now, until I see the RE next week. However, my psychiatrist and I figured out something weird. I take Seroquel and Lamictal (mood stabilizers) because I am bipolar. I take very low doses and I have been on them for a few years. We decided to look them up re: fertility on a fluke. For lamictal, a rare side effect can be menstrual cycle disturbances. My psych does not believe that is my issue but I will be VERY interested to know if the RE thinks anything might be related.

Cycle 1-3 here: http://tcoyf.com/members/rebeccas/pccharts/3.aspx

Current charts: http://tcoyf.com/members/rebeccas/charts/default.aspx

Rebecca: 32 years oldBig Smile DH: 34 years oldLaugh

TTC #1 since Jan. 2010 after 15 years on BCP. One Angel, and PCOS.

Lots of unmedicated cycles, 2 Clomid cycles, 2 Gonal-F/Ovidrel/IUI cycles = BFN. Onto IVF in 2012.
January 2012 - 23 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, none fertilize.

April 2012: IVF#2: with ICSI. 26 retrieved, 20 fert, 5dt, BFP! Chick 6 in the freezer.

The Nugget is due New Year's Day, 2013! Baby Boy

A perfect Christmas gift: Max David arrived 12/25/12!Baby Boy

Full timeline in my bio Smile

My blog: http://waitingforlittlefeet.blogspot.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 360
SBR26.2 replied on 01-05-2011 2:49 PM | Locked

Another BFN this morning at 13 dpo.  Thought maybe squinter again, but I could only see it at certain angles and couldn't distinuish a color, so it probably was the antibody strip.  Pretty much given up on this cycle, but I'll test again Friday morning and then stop the progesterone if BFN again.

I'll do personals later, don't have time to get into it at work!  Hope everyone's having a good day.

-Ramona

TTC #1 since 10/2009

My charts  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 764
sblake001 replied on 01-05-2011 3:02 PM | Locked

Ramona - That sucks, I'm sorry.No

Sarah 

Me (38), DH (42) Kiss

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 764
sblake001 replied on 01-05-2011 3:06 PM | Locked

Temps are up though, that is encouraging.  Even when I'm on progesterone, my temps don't stay up if I'm not pregnant.  Unfortunately I have lots of experience of being pregnant and then not being pregnant, all within a matter of several days.  My Fingers Crossed crossed for you.

Sarah 

Me (38), DH (42) Kiss

Page 1 of 9 (165 items) 12345Next»
| RSS