help

? for those who used Welcome Womb, B-fruitful, etc

This post has 121 Replies | 8 Followers

Page 5 of 7 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 102
wannabemomof4 replied on 02-28-2011 11:02 AM

Hello Ladies,

I have a blood clotting disorder called Lupus Anticougulant and have had a few clots over the years and am on blood thinners for life.  I have been pregnant 2x over the past 1 1/2 years and have lost both babies around 7 weeks.  I have had d&c's with both of them neither time the losses were because of my clotting disorder, but don't really have a reason why we have loss 2.  I have had once successful pregnancy.  I have been reading around trying to find some help for when we do get pregnant again.  I have come across welcome womb and would like to try it, but I am wondering if it will mess with blood thinning levels?  I am currently on lovenox and will take a baby asprin once we have a positive.  I am up for trying anything, but I just want to make sure that the welcome womb doesn't have anthing in it that will make my blood thicken or thinner?

Thanks!

Me (29) Him (35)

Hunter (8) Alexis (7) Phoenix (7)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Angel  3/10

Angel  9/10

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,655
Onebabysofar replied on 03-01-2011 12:56 PM

As far as the blood clotting issues...Not that I am aware of.  I took baby aspirin while I was using the WW (with the RE's approval). If I were you, I would try to find someone who practices herbal medicine (either IRL or online) and see if they could answer your question.  Maybe you could even see if you e-mail Wish Garden herbs (the makers of welcome womb) and ask if there are any ingredients that could thicken or thin blood.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

I hope your next baby is a take home baby!

CPD- Thanks so much for reading my blog.  I am so glad that you have found it to be helpful.  I hope very much that you have a happy, healthy, and long pregnancy.  Please keep me posted (here or my blog) about your progress.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Maria-37 DH-44

Baby Boy Feb  2008

Baby Boy July 2010 (after 6 early Angel)

Baby Boy Sept 2013 (after 2 years TTC and 2 more early Angel)

Currently NTNP

Not Ranked
Posts 152
CPD replied on 03-01-2011 3:39 PM

I will probably have to wait until next time to try WW.  It hasn't arrived yet and I had spotting this morning.  My test was still positive but the line was light.  It certainly wasn't darker than my test on 12 DPO.  I am praying and continuing the Prometrium for another day but I don't have much hope left.  My MD will do levels but the levels were good in my previous losses.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,655
Onebabysofar replied on 03-01-2011 4:55 PM

I can't believe it hasn't shown up yet!  I think that I ordered mine on 12dpo at night and had it on 16dpo in the afternoon.  I am so sorry!  If I recall they sent only one bottle (I had ordered 3) but then sent the other 2 (on back-order) within a week or so.  If, by chance this isn't your sticky one, you will have the herbs on hand for next time.  I know how hard it is to see the spotting and stay hopeful so I will do a ton of hoping for you!

Maria-37 DH-44

Baby Boy Feb  2008

Currently NTNP

Not Ranked
Posts 152
CPD replied on 03-02-2011 9:33 PM

The WW finally arrived this afternoon but I didn't bother opening it.  My FRER this afternoon was a squinter.  Not what you want to see at 17 DPO, especially when an IC was clearly positive and bold at 11 DPO and the FRER earlier in the day was darker. 

On to the next attempt which may be our last.  My doctor is fine with me trying the WW.  He has had a few other patients try it.  He suggested adding a baby aspirin and increasing the Prometrium to three times a day.  He would like to run some tests and scans. My DH and I are debating it.

This time I stopped all caffeine and continued taking Maca. It didn't seem to make a difference but I will try these again. 

The other thing I am going to try is just taking folic acid and B6 instead of a prenatal.  My Wise Woman's Guide to the Child Bearing Years suggests not taking iron as it can cause miscarriages.  I don't necessarily believe this to be true but in my successful pregnancies I just took folic acid.  The only times I had MS was when I tried taking prenatals so I gave up and switched to folic acid. 

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Onebabysofar Thank you for you thoughts and prayers.  I really appreciate them.   Maybe we will both get special Thanksgiving blessings.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,954
want1more replied on 03-10-2011 10:45 PM

I ordered some Welcome Womb tonight.  I'm currently 6 dpo (or less), so I'm not sure if it'll make it here in time for this cycle, but thank you onebabysofar for recommending it!

Me 39
My Chart

Baby Girl (19 months) and two older Baby Boy (16) Baby Girl (15)

7 Broken Heart - most recent July 2013 @ 9 weeks

Dealing with lots of autoimmune stuff. Graves' disease, hearing loss, severe food allergies, asthma, repeat miscarriage.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,655
Onebabysofar replied on 03-11-2011 7:51 PM

I hope very much that you get your sticky baby!  Fingers Crossed

To any of you who choose to use WW- Please do come back and share your experiences.  I would love for us to be able to revive this thread with some new success stories! 

Maria-37 DH-44

Baby Boy Feb  2008

Currently NTNP

Not Ranked
Posts 152
CPD replied on 03-19-2011 10:07 PM

I just started taking WW and I found a way to disguise the taste.  I mix it with a small amount of Coffee House Inspirations Breve Creme in the vanilla caramel creme flavor.  It is in the refrigerated dairy section with the other coffee creamers. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,954
want1more replied on 05-09-2011 6:10 PM

1. What formula did you use? Welcome Womb, B-Fruitful, False Unicorn Root/Black Haw/Squaw Vine/Cramp Bark on their own?

Welcome Womb.

2. How many cycles did you use it before successful pregnancy?

Two - pregnant on second cycle.

3. Did you experience any losses while using it?

First cycle, had another chemical.  Second cycle worked.

4. When did you start it in your cycle or pregnancy?

5 dpo this cycle - last cycle started at 2 dpo.  I take it with about 1/8 c orange juice and then chase it down with another 1/8-1/4 c oj to get rid of the taste.

5. How long during the pregnancy did you continue to use it?

I'm not sure how long I will continue to use it, since all of my losses have been very early.  Guess it depends on how bad morning sickness becomes (nauseaus already).

*Edited to add - took it until about 10 weeks, weaned off of it slowly.

6. What were your HCG levels like?

12 dpo - 65.1, 14 dpo - 156.8

7. What was your morning sickness (if any) like?

Nauseaus, but the vomiting didn't start until about 7 weeks.  Now I am on Diclectin for morning sickness because I was throwing up so much.

8. How many babies?

Well, apparently it started with two.  One stopped developing though around 6 weeks.

9. Anything else?

Will come back to update this post once I know more.  All my chemical pregnancies, the hpt's weren't this dark and the lines didn't continue to get darker. 

I am also taking folic acid (1000 mg) and vitamin d (1000 iu) every day.  Plus prometrium 100 mg (started at 12 dpo) and baby aspirin.  Now, I am taking Diclectin as well.

Me 39
My Chart

Baby Girl (19 months) and two older Baby Boy (16) Baby Girl (15)

7 Broken Heart - most recent July 2013 @ 9 weeks

Dealing with lots of autoimmune stuff. Graves' disease, hearing loss, severe food allergies, asthma, repeat miscarriage.

Not Ranked
Posts 61
GretchPacker replied on 06-17-2011 9:27 PM

Hi Ladies!

I just got my WW in the mail and am about to ovulate in my cycle. I'm not really sure when I should start taking it. I experienced the loss of a baby 2 1/2 months ago. I'm wondering if I should start taking it the day after I ovulate or once I find out I'm pregnant. Any advice would be super helpful!

Thanks bunches!

Not Ranked
Posts 203
twoequalsthree replied on 07-20-2011 2:08 PM

I started WW this cycle at 1 day post iui (I'm 6dpiui today).  I had a chem preg two cycles ago and don't want to go through that again.  I'm taking 3 dropper-fuls, two times per day.  The taste is nearly unbearable but I've found it's best if I mix it with as little liquid as possible.  That way I can swallow it like a shot and don't seem to taste it as much.  My favorite mixer is grape juice.  I will update this thread if I get a bfp this cycle.  Sticky baby dust to all of you!!

My Chart

Me: 34, DH: 33 and perfect

TTC since 12/09, 18 months of BFNs and then 2 early m/c's after IUI's #1 and #2
Hypothyroid, Compound heterozygote MTHFR, slight protein S deficiency
Prescribed synthroid, Neevo DHA, BA, lovenox, FABB and crinone
9/22/11: IUI #3: BFN
11/14/11: IUI #4: BFP Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,996
lbm436 replied on 07-23-2011 8:18 AM

I've read this thread so many times, I bought welcome womb before I ovulated this cycle. After 2 losses, I don't want a third. After reading how bad it tasted and smelling it Zip it! I decided I would wait until I got a BFP to start it. So I started it last Sunday at 11dpo (now 17dpo and beta yesterday was 585). I'll update and answer the questions when I am further along. Fingers Crossed

I totally stole Bitsy Boo's idea of holding my nose whole drinking it. Blech! I have the 3 oz dixie cups for peeing in, so I just use them also for drinking this. As twoequalsthree said, as little liquid as possible. I put a tiny bit of water in the dixie cup, put 2 dropperfuls in that, drink it like a shot and then chase it with more water, all while holding my nose. I don't taste anything until I unplug my nose. I'm doing 2 dropperfuls twice a day. Hoping this does the trick! Thanks for sharing your experiences, ladies!Flowers

me: 32  him: 32Kiss the brand new little guy Baby Boy 3/30/2012 (BFed for 21 months!), the newest little guy Baby Boy 6/4/2014 and the 3 furry ones

2 Angel always remembered 9/2/2010 and 12/22/2010

My Uploaded Charts (current)             My Online Charts (detailed TTC charts, not current)
See my bio for my complete history
Click here for lots of useful info such as adding a signature, sharing your charts, abbreviations, etc.Flowers
Click here to read about the new signature policy! Was your siggie edited? Click here

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,655
Onebabysofar replied on 07-24-2011 1:16 PM

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to open up this thread and see all of the recent pregnancy tickers!  Seriously.  So happy! 

lbm- Yea!  Congrats!  Please keep us posted!

Maria-37 DH-44

Baby Boy Feb  2008

Currently NTNP

Not Ranked
Posts 152
CPD replied on 07-24-2011 9:51 PM

I thought about answering the list of questions after my last ultrasound.  I am still too nervous though.  I don't want to jinx it somehow.   I plan to answer them when I make it to 12 weeks (2 weeks and 3 days not that I am counting or anything Big Smile).  See I had to force myself to type when instead of if. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,996
lbm436 replied on 09-27-2011 1:08 PM

Alright, I'm totally weaned off the Welcome Womb and things are looking pretty good (Fingers Crossed), so I thought I would come back to update and answer the questions.. yey! 

1. What formula did you use? Welcome Womb, B-Fruitful, False Unicorn Root/Black Haw/Squaw Vine/Cramp Bark on their own?

Welcome Womb.

This was my first one, I didn't start until my BFP.

No, 14 weeks tomorrow!Fingers Crossed

I started it when I got my BFP on 11dpo.

Until 12 weeks and then I started weaning off. I was totally done at 13w2d.

12dpo - 157
14dpo - 298 for a 51 hour doubling time
16dpo - 585 for 49 hour doubling time
20dpo - 1794 for a 59 hour doubling time 

So they were high, just not doubling as fast as maybe they should have been. Dr was concerned and scheduled me for an early u/s at 5w1d (22dpo), we saw the sac and yolk, and things were looking good.

Nausea, but no vomiting, even through now. I did have pretty terrible vertigo. I think that was *my* morning sickness.

8. How many babies?

One! But it's super active, and looks great so far!

9. Anything else?

I started out with 2 dropperfuls 2x/day, then when the Dr's office expressed their concerns over my betas, I upped it to 3 dropperfuls 2x/day. After 2 early losses at 5w5d and 6w, I didn't want to take any more chances and definitely didn't want to lose another one. I was also put on progesterone around 20dpo. My P4 at 7dpo was 14.7, but on 20dpo, it had dropped to 10.9. So I started the supps. Weaning off of those now, and will be done completely on Friday at 14w2. Can't wait!!

I have no idea if it was the WW that made this baby stick or not, but I do know that I won't attempt another pregnancy without it. Flowers

me: 32  him: 32Kiss the brand new little guy Baby Boy 3/30/2012 (BFed for 21 months!), the newest little guy Baby Boy 6/4/2014 and the 3 furry ones

2 Angel always remembered 9/2/2010 and 12/22/2010

My Uploaded Charts (current)             My Online Charts (detailed TTC charts, not current)
See my bio for my complete history
Click here for lots of useful info such as adding a signature, sharing your charts, abbreviations, etc.Flowers
Click here to read about the new signature policy! Was your siggie edited? Click here

Not Ranked
Posts 88
lilbirdofheaven replied on 09-29-2011 3:45 PM

Hooray, LBM!!!  My fingers are crossed for you.  Thanks for taking the time to update us all.  I recently bought Welcome Womb and am in the midst of my first Clomid cycle and hope I will also soon be able to respond to this thread.  :)

Not Ranked
Posts 234
TracyNC replied on 12-17-2011 9:48 PM

Hi ladies,

I may be ordering Welcome Womb prematurely, but we have been ttc'ing for a year now and have had one m/c at 11 weeks and one chemical this month at 20 dpo.  We are just so worried because we are older and I have not carried a baby to term yet... Anyway, I do lots of reading and try to do everything I can to be healthy and supportive of a pregnancy. Hoping Welcome Womb will get us our first take home baby. :)  Thanks for all the wonderful info and stories. We hope to add to the success stories.

Just put in the order tonight and hope to use it after O this month!

Me: 37, DH: 35   ttc #1 since January '11 Baby Dust Fingers Crossed

preg #1: Angel m/c 3/2011 at 11 w; preg #2 chemical 12/2011 @ 5w

IUI # 2 April 2012 (unmedicated): Gift BFP!!  Pray

EDD 1/8/13 ~~ Praying for a healthy LO!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,655
Onebabysofar replied on 12-18-2011 7:49 AM

Best of luck to you!  Stop back and share your success story!  I love reading them! 

Maria-37 DH-44

Baby Boy Feb  2008

Currently NTNP

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,057
kitcat75 replied on 01-23-2012 9:11 AM

Hi,

I have had two consecutive missed miscarriages. Both fetuses stopped growing around 6 weeks 5 days. With the first I had a spot of blood (just biggers than quarter sized) at 6 weeks 5 days and we had three weeks of u/s to confirm no growth and no hb before we induced m/c at 10 weeks. This most recent one, I thought everything was just fine, except for not having any ms (but I had little with my first child), but at our 12 week u/s it showed the fetus measuring 6 weeks 4 days with no hb. I started to miscarry at 12 weeks 2 days.

I am considering trying welcome womb when we try again, but am also wanting to try pregnancy prep., as I believe that I took this before getting pregnant with my daughter (I know I had been given it by my naturopath right before I got pregnant, but can't remember if I took it, or if I got pregnant before my next AF when I was supposed to start taking it! I am just wondering whether it would be problematic to take pregnancy prep until ovulation and then start the WW. The ingredients in pregnancy prep are Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Tribulus Terrestris 750mg ** Rhodiola 100mg ** Vitex 25mg ** Vitex (.6% aucubin) 215mg ** Rubus Idaeus 45mg ** Medicago Sativa 45mg ** Angelica Sinensis 45mg ** Leonurus Cardiaca 45mg ** Aletris 45mg ** Amylase 2000 SKB ** Protease 7500 HUT ** Lipase 25 FIP - Cellulase 25 CU ** Lactase

Thanks for any advice!

Claire

Claire (Me) - 38
DH - 40
DD - 3
DCat - Molly

Married the love of my life July 7, 2007 (he wanted a date we could never forget ;-)

TTC #2 May 2011

Angel September 12, 2011 at 10 wks, baby stopped growing at 7 wks 2 days http://tcoyf.com/members/kitcat75/pccharts/13.aspx

Angel January 18, 2012 at 12 weeks 2 days, baby stopped growing at 6 wks 5 days http://tcoyf.com/members/kitcat75/pccharts/15.aspx

Angel March 20, 2013 - 7 weeks 1 day

surprise BFP - HCG 17 dpo 1827 grow baby grow @ 12 weeks everything looking good. EDD June 3, 2014.

Not Ranked
Posts 88
lilbirdofheaven replied on 01-25-2012 6:11 AM

Hi all,

Very very excited to get to write this update!!!

Welcome Womb.

This was my first cycle using Welcome Womb, as I didn't start until my BFP.  I want to also note that this was my first Clomid cycle (50 mg, days 5-9) and I was also doing accupuncture for the first time.

No.  So far so good, and I'm 19 weeks and just had a great looking Level II ultrasound.

I started it when I got my (very very faint) BFP on 9dpo.

I used it two droppersful/twice daily until 12 weeks and then I started weaning off. I was totally done at 13w4d.

9dpo - 26
11dpo - 125ish (can't remember!)

13dpo - 356ish (can't remember!)

My progesterone on 9dpo was through the roof, which was very good b/c my two prior losses had both been associated with low progesterone.  But, I do attribute that to the clomid, as I had barely started the Welcome Womb when they tested the progesterone.

My HCG levels were obviously doubling much quicker than every 48 hours, and around 7 weeks we found out why via ultrasound - - I'm pregnant with TWINS!!!  Baby Girl Baby Boy

HORRIBLE.  It was all day sickness.  I vomited at first for a couple of days, but then it was just terrible nausea and dizziness (I learned I could avoid the vomiting by constantly keeping something on my stomach).  Hard to say if that was because it's twins or not (at one point around 7 weeks, my HCG level was more than 125,000!!!).  It started around 5.5 weeks, got better around 10.5 weeks, and was basically gone by 14 weeks.  So, my morning sickness did sort of disappear as I weaned off the Welcome Womb, but that may have just been b/c it was the end of the first trimester, when morning sickness tends to disappear.

8. How many babies?

Two!  Whoo hoo!!!!  (obviously, I think this is a result of the Clomid, not the Welcome Womb...)  Wink

9. Anything else?

Again, I would note that this was also my first Clomid cycle and I was also doing accupuncture.  I can't say if the success of this pregnancy is just that it was "our time," or the Clomid, the accupuncture, the Welcome Womb, or some combination of all of those things.  But, I was glad to have the Welcome Womb and would recommend it to anyone who has experienced pregnancy loss.  I will also say that I did have some spotting around 7 weeks and 8 weeks, and then an actual bleed (terrifying!!) at 14 weeks.  But these babies both look terrific. 

Also - I found the easiest way to take this stuff was with cranberry juice.  I would put the two droppersful into a small cup, and then put in just a bit of cranberry juice and take it like a shot, and then "chase" it with a couple of gulps of cranberry juice. I thought it was the easiest way to take it - I barely tasted it doing it that way.

Good luck to everyone out there waiting for their BFP and then holding their breath to get through that first trimester.  I remember how much hope this thread used to give me, and I hope I'm able to give some hope to others out there.  Flowers

Page 5 of 7 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS