help

No clue :-(

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone Posted: Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:17 PM

Ugh ! :-/ why why why does my body continue to confuse me? I  was looking forward to FEWER periods, not MORE. I want to cry.

FF says I O'd. solid lines yet.

TCOYF is not marking an O, but I don't understand why the cover line is so high.

Can you make sense out of it ?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,012
estrella replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:55 PM

Looking at your history (using the TCOYF charts), cycle 4 looks annovulatory, so the bleeding at the beginning of cycle 5 was withdrawal bleeding, and thus the early O in cycle 5 makes more sense.

For this cycle, you might have O'd on CD14, but we need another temp or two to know for sure. If it stays near where it is or goes higher, then yes; if it drops or bounces around, then no.

Not Ranked
Posts 652
lee526 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:57 PM

The CL is high because the software is programmed to draw the CL .1 degree above your previous 6 temps (within the fertile window), which would eventually be the six temps immediately preceding O. When your temps jump at least .2 degrees above the highest of your previous six temps tcoyf software will draw a correct coverline and then after three high temps will confirm O.  Right now, on tcoyf the six temps before suspected O are putting your CL up high and there hasn't been that .2 jump over the highest of your previous six temps.  I do not know how FF works so I can't speak to that.  It's possible that you did O, but according to how the software is set up, it's not going to recognize it.  

Hope you get something definite soon! 

Me 29 and DH 30

TTC as of 9/2012

Sept 2013 - all testing at RE is perfect for both of us.  After six more months, RE recommends Clomid + IUI

August 2014 - Clomid + IUI = mistimed/too late, BFN; good news that progesterone was 38.8 at 6 DPO. 

October 2014 anticipated  Clomid + IUI 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,945
dj rayne replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:25 AM

I'd say there is a possible O on CD14 if there is a reason for the string of .2s. CL is calculated correctly and by temps you have not O'd yet. CL is not static and can change cycle to cycle. While it would be odd to see that high of a jump in range odd cycles happen and your history shows variation just not so much in temps. Keep charting and see what happens. TTA I wouldn't trust that you have and keep things covered.

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:59 PM

Got an egg on day 14 with today's temp.  Why did the software ROT one of the .2s ?

FF still saying cd 13.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,076
AmandaR replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:57 AM

It ROT'd that particular .2 because it was the only one within the 6 days before your temp shift. Your chart looks right to me, but if you're TTA, I'd either abstain or use protection for the next few days until you definitely confirm O. 

Me, 26; Hubby, 25
Baby Boy Jackson William born Nov. 2, 2013

Personal trainer specializing in beginners and prenatal/postpartum fitness. Join me at Off The Couch Fitness

I have endometriosis.
3 Furbabies (cats) - Sally, Lucy, Lila
My Charts

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,945
dj rayne replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:01 PM

Considering you have a string of .2s I'd turn ROT off and with the rise being not so significant I would NOT assume you O'd. See what happens with your next temps.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 9,343
tmonee replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 6:01 PM

I agree, turn off the Rule of Thumb (ROT) on this chart.  Ovulation hasn't been confirmed so if TTA, keep it covered.

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 9:29 PM

I unchecked it and saved it, the thumb is still there?

temp was higher today, 97.60

Not Ranked
Posts 301
lehulei replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:57 PM

Go to the calendar and right click on CD 1 for this cycle and select recalculate.  That should  fix it.

Me:  24         DH:  29       TTC #1 as of 10/2012

PC Charts

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:31 PM

It worked ! Thank you.

To muddy things up a little more, I woke up with a sore throat today. this is the 3rd time since the beginnig of October that I've had an upper respiratory thing, it's not like me... however my kids seem to be bringing it home. Do I adjust or distub any of my temps ?

I am still thinking I O'd on CD 14. We'll see as the days tick by ..

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,012
estrella replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:04 AM

Your CM looks like O happened between CD12 to 14. If it was CD12, then there's a slow rise pattern here; if CD14, then just a delayed release of the egg. I see a clear temp shift from the fertile CM days to the dry days, but the higher temps early in the fertile days are mussing up the computer calculations.

If you are TTA and don't want an oops, then use BC until you are sure you O'd (which might mean the rest of the cycle).

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 1:16 PM

Estrella why would you say cycle 4 is anovulatory? It looks clearly ovulatory amd a normal lp. Am I missing something?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,012
estrella replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:52 PM

If the ROT temp is included, then it's harder to see the temp shift and the CM lining up. But, yes, omitting that one, then there is a temp shift that matches up with CM followed by a normal LP, so you probably did O that cycle.

Link to Patientone's charts (which have disappeared from this thread): http://www.tcoyf.com/members/patientone/charts/6.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:35 AM

Ugh .. I am getting waves of  'I want to choke you'.

My eating is out of control, there is no chocolate left in the house. I am crampy and have a headache.

I haven't felt this so strongly in a long time. I didn't miss it, let me tell you. I'm 53, can I be done soon?  Sad

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,012
estrella replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:29 PM

So sorry you have such yucky PMS (feel your pain)! Here's hoping that egg popped on CD12 instead of 14, so the misery will end all the sooner. Hug

Not Ranked
Posts 583
Patientone replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:22 AM

Thanks Estrella. I've struggled with bad pms for a long time, which had subsided in the last year.  This month was particularly bad.

After 2 days of spotting, my period is here this morning. I hope I will be safe to be around now.  lol

Looking at my chart now, I do think it's correct with ROT. Don't you ?  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 9,343
tmonee replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:09 PM

No, I do not think it looks correct with the ROT enabled.  I'm not sure why the software placed a thumb on that temp as it's not out of line at all. Shrug

The cycle looks anovulatory to me.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2,012
estrella replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:36 PM

If you ovulated, I think you did so on CD12 with a slow rise. But the temp differential isn't very great, so it's iffy.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,945
dj rayne replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:09 PM

There is no slow rise on this chart. A slow rise would be a rise of .1 each day that is .1 over the highest f the six previous temps. So say she had a string that ranged from 96.8 to 97.2 then a slow rise would be .3,.4 and then .5 with temps leveling or continuing to rise. ROT needs to be disabled and chart recalculated from day 1. As she is 53 and going through peri quite strongly it seems at this point it is possible she did have a weak O but with temps in the range they are it is also just as likely no O. If I am not mistaken she has an annual coming up and will have some hormonal testing done if I remember a past thread. As she has gone through several long cycles preceded by shorter ones this could just be breakthrough bleeding and part of her hormonal transition into menopause.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS