Search

help

Cute ways to tell your husband you're pregnant?

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,270
scarlet_willow Posted: 12-03-2012 2:04 PM

Have any of you told your husband in a cute way that you're pregnant?  Or have you heard of some fun ways of announcing it to your husband?  I'd love to hear some stories or ideas! 

I'm not even pregnant yet, but DH and I may be TTC #4 in a few months :)  With our first 3 boys, he was either right outside the door when I tested, or I just blurted it out when he came home from work.  But this next time, I want to do something special.  So I'm trying to get some ideas now before the BFP comes :) 

Catie (29)  Heart DH (29)

Baby Boy James ~ July 2008
Baby Boy Henry ~ October 2009
Baby Boy Mac ~ July 2011 
Broken Heart Baby Teddy  ~ December 2012 at 4w5d
Baby Girl Clare ~ November 2013

Not Ranked
Posts 333
amerikanegirl87 replied on 12-03-2012 2:22 PM

there are some really cute video taped ideas on youtube of gals telling their husbands or family. i found a lot of my ideas on there. 

off the top of my head, here are some ideas i've heard of my friends doing: 

- they buy the dad a little onesie that says 'world's greatest dad.' and wrap it up and give it to him as a present. but i know you already have a couple kids together... maybe you could make a onesie that says #4 on it? 

- if you have a dog, you could make a t-shirt for it that announces that you're pregnant. or you could have one of (or all of) your other children wear t-shirts that say big brother/big sister. and then maybe DH will get it when he sees your youngest wearing a big brother/sister t-shirt also. 

- i made countdown blocks for my MIL, but you could do it for DH. i made the blocks with numbers on them, and then put them on a rectangular block that said 'weeks until I'm going to be a grandma.' you could do that and just say 'weeks until i'm going to be a dad... again!' 

- there's always the idea that you could get your other kids to pose for a picture with their dad, and you could actually be recording without them knowing it and say 'okay 1.2.3... say 'mommy's pregnant!'' or something like that. 

those are just a few of the things that come to mind first. there are SOOO many options. maybe tell him in a way that is significant to you both... ie. through a hobby you both like doing together, or an inside joke you guys have. 

i didn't get to surprise my DH with the news since we had been trying for a while. so each month he pretty much knew when i was testing, and i'm not good at 'lying' or keeping a good secret away from him. and i had asked him if he wanted to be surprised whenever it happened, or if he wanted me to keep him posted, and he said he wanted to be kept in the loop. haha. so that's what i did this time. maybe i'll surprise him next time!

good luck with coming up with ideas, AND good luck TTC#4! How exciting!

Me and DH are 26. 

Stopped BC and started using FAM in June 2011

TTC #1 since Feb. 2012   BFP on 10/9/2012! Baby Boy  Born June 20, 2013!

Chemical Pregnancy in July 2012

No known health/fertility problems.

My chart: http://tcoyf.com/members/amerikanegirl87/charts/default.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 649
AMP52111 replied on 12-03-2012 2:35 PM

So cute! I am HUGE into surprises so I surprised my DH by showing up at his work with a bouquet of pink and blue balloons and a couple foil balloons that said, "Congratulations!" and "You're awesome!" I also put the pregnancy test (enclosed in a ziplock) in a cylindrical gift box with a pop-off lid (from the Dollar Tree) and gave him a card that said, "Congratulations, Daddy! Baby is due May 9, 2013!" I had a friend come with me to videotape the whole thing. Work might not be the best place to do it--you could always do it when he gets home from work, or at a restaurant.

Other ideas I toyed with where the onesie idea amerikanegirl87 suggested. I also thought about doing a trail of arrows from the front door to the living room where I'd have a balloon bouquet held down by a weight and the +pregnancy test. I love the idea about getting the older kids involved with t-shirts or making a movie.

Good luck! Telling DH and our parents with creative surprises are my happiest pregnancy memories yet! Smile

Married May 2011 Heart DH: 30 Kiss Me: 28

Baby Girl Alaina Joy, born on her due date: May 9, 2013; still BFing

Baby New "little turkey" coming November 23, 2014! Chick

My Chart

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 2,369
hopefulbecca replied on 12-03-2012 8:29 PM

With #1, I was too excited to think of anything, so I just called him and screamed into the phone that I was pregnant. Laugh  With #2, I was a lot more calm, and it was 3 days before Christmas, so I wanted to do something special.  I put the positive FRER in a necklace box and wrapped it up.  When DH came home from work, I told him that while I was wrapping presents that day, DD had insisted on wrapping a present too, so I let her help me wrap a special present for Daddy.  She handed him the present, and he opened it really slowly with exaggerated excitement, assuming that it was just something from around the house that I'd let her help me wrap.  Then he opened the box and looked up and said, "Wait, REALLY??"  Then we all hugged, and he said, "So, who's the father?" And that's DH for ya. ROFL 

ETA- I just remembered that a friend told her DH about #2 by videotaping #1 holding up a sign that said, "I'm going to be a big brother!" and emailing it to him at work.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 955
karena02 replied on 12-03-2012 8:50 PM

Mine wasn't super cute but it was better than the first time (when he knew before I did because of a "vibe." lol) 

I bought a plain white newborn onesie and put the positive test inside/on top and wrapped it up. I told him I was bringing him a surprise home. When he unwrapped it, it took him a second, and then he got really excited, etc. But...then he said, "Wait, where's my surprise? Didn't you bring me something to eat?" LOL 

DH (29) + Me (28) Married March 2010

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers]

Lilypie First Birthday tickers]

Not Ranked
Posts 155
KAH76 replied on 12-04-2012 6:55 AM

My husband goes out of town for a conference the same week every year.  We joke that I spend that week finding something expensive we "need" - one year was new couches, one was new drapes, etc.  Mainly it started because he hates to shop, so I do the shopping, and when he gets home we go and buy whatever it was.  So the last year or two, he has said, please don't find anything expensive while I'm gone!  SO this year I found out I was pregnant while he was gone.  I got out a baggie and put some poppy seeds in it (the size baby would have been).  When he got home, we were sitting talking and I told him I hadn't bought anything, but I did find something that was a bit expensive and then I handed him the baggie.  He looked very confused and asked "what is this?"  I said, "that's the size of our baby right now."  Stunned/shocked look followed.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,270
scarlet_willow replied on 12-04-2012 10:33 AM

I love all these stories and ideas!!!  Definetly giving me some great ideas :)

Baby Boy Mac ~ July 2011 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 748
nicolet34 replied on 12-04-2012 11:11 AM

I'm not pregnant yet either but have already been thinking about it too! 

I thought about buying a Baby on Board sign and wrapping it up or embroidering a onesie with best daddy ever or something like that.

I hope I don't get too excited (since it will be our first) and blurt it out or burst into tears (of happiness) and give it away!

Heart Me 35 & DH 38 Heart

Braiden 10-30-13

Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her!  Luke 1:45

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,270
scarlet_willow replied on 12-07-2012 2:20 PM

Hey ladies!  So as much as I have loved all of your ideas... the PERFECT idea jumped into my head today while driving!  My husband is a lietenant in the Army National Guard.  And he's mentioned how when we have 4 kids he'll have his own "fire team."  So... I was thinking I coul dmake a card that says  "Congratulations on yoru fire team, LT!"  And then glue my + PT to the card :D  I just know it's perfect for him. 

Now... to just wait to TTC and then actually get PG.  I feel a little silly having all this planned out before we even get pregnant :P 

Baby Boy Mac ~ July 2011 

Not Ranked
Posts 333
amerikanegirl87 replied on 12-07-2012 3:35 PM

that is a super cute idea. and he will love it cuz it's something that's special between you two and unique! i love it! that's perfect! good luck!

Me and DH are 26. 

Stopped BC and started using FAM in June 2011

TTC #1 since Feb. 2012   BFP on 10/9/2012! Baby Boy  Born June 20, 2013!

Chemical Pregnancy in July 2012

No known health/fertility problems.

My chart: http://tcoyf.com/members/amerikanegirl87/charts/default.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 649
AMP52111 replied on 12-08-2012 8:16 PM

Oh that's PERFECT! I LOVE it! I definitely don't think it's too early to have it planned! I had a variation of the surprise I chose planned in advance so I could execute it on the same day as my BFP--I knew there was no way I could ever wait. Please take some pictures and post them here when you do get your BFP and pull off your plan. Smile Happy BD and Baby Dust to you!

Married May 2011 Heart DH: 30 Kiss Me: 28

Baby Girl Alaina Joy, born on her due date: May 9, 2013; still BFing

Baby New "little turkey" coming November 23, 2014! Chick

My Chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,270
scarlet_willow replied on 12-09-2012 3:01 PM

Thanks girls!  I will for sure snap a pic of my card and post it on here for you all :)  I'm sure I'll be bursting at the seams with excitment!

Baby Boy Mac ~ July 2011 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS