temps seem erratic, confused about temp charting

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 15
CJQE Posted: Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:07 PM

Hi,

I'm very new to this - this is my first full cycle that I'll be charting. I feel like my temps are both low and erratic compared to a lot of other people's. I'm not sure what to make of it that my temps dropped back down for a couple of days after what appears to be ovulation.

Also, most nights I have to get up once or twice during the night to go to the bathroom. It seems like this could affect my temps, but having this happen is so common for me, I just assumed it's my "normal" and haven't been factoring it in. I'm not sure how I would factor it in exactly. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

PS- This is my first time posting, hopefully I can show you my chart with no problems:

http://tcoyf.com/members/CJQE/charts/default.aspx

Me-37, Husband-36

TTC#1

m/c in 2008

Not Ranked
Posts 327
thelittlestone replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:01 PM

Are you just coming off HBC? Your temps look similar to mine and I'm one month off HBC.

Lisa & David  Heart Est. 9/3/11

Madeline  Baby Girl 12/31/13

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 956
PillNoMore replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 3:38 PM

As the previous poster said, if you're just coming off hormonal birth control this could have an affect on your chart, and make it look a bit erratic. My second chart off the pill was pretty wacky, and although I'm on cycle 11 now, I still have quite a few zig-zags.

I know it can be frustrating but persevere and hopefully things will start to look 'normal' soon!

As for waking in the night, if you are getting three hours undisturbed sleep between coming back from the bathroom and waking up to take your temperature, then it shouldn't affect your temp.

Even if you're not it might not affect you, but then again it might! Sorry, if that doesn't sound very helpful but everyone is different, and what makes a big difference to one person's temps, can make no difference to someone else. I seem to be able to stumble half-asleep to the bathroom a few hours before taking my temperature and judging by my charts it hasn't made any difference to my temps, but the only way to know whether it will affect you, is to wait and see, keep notes, consider the pattern of your chart as a whole, and learn what does & doesn't affect your temps as you go along.

I hope that helps! Flowers

Me (34) Eye Cool Hubby (36) UK  MY CHARTS

TTC #1 since 2011 - Too Few Eggs / One Blocked Tube / Lazy Sperm

IVF #1 Feb/Mar 2014: Buserelin + Merional + Gonasi + Cyclogest - 11 eggs retrieved, 7 injected (ICSI), 6 fertilised - 1 embryo transferred (5Aa), 2 embryos frozen (4Bc & 3Bb) = BFP! EDD 30/11/2014 (Gestational Diabetes / Group B Strep / Oligohydramnios / High Umbilical Artery Doppler Readings = High-Risk Pregnancy)

Baby Girl Arrived 13 November 2014 Baby Girl

Not Ranked
Posts 15
CJQE replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 4:12 PM

Thanks for your replies!

It's been years and years since I took hormonal b.c., so I think this is just "me." I don't, however, usually get 3 consecutive hours of undisturbed sleep just prior to temping, so maybe that's a bigger issue. I'm sort of not sure what to do about that . . .

Me-37, Husband-36

TTC#1

m/c in 2008

Not Ranked
Posts 327
thelittlestone replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:02 PM

The first few days I started charting, I woke up pretty frequently, too. I was afraid I'd sleep through my alarm or something would wake me up too early. What I do now is if I wake up and don't get out of bed, only move enough to see the clock and fall back asleep right away, I just temp at my normal time. If I get out of bed or I don't fall back asleep right away or something, I just disturb the temp when I take it (at my normal time). If it's within 30 min of my normal waking time, I just take it then and don't disturb it. I think this is kindof a norm as far as I've seen in the forums. It's different for every person. I heard that so much as yawning can alter your temp! Weird! Trial and error seems to be all we can do!

Good luck to you  :)

Lisa & David  Heart Est. 9/3/11

Madeline  Baby Girl 12/31/13

Not Ranked
Posts 533
HannahM replied on Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:11 AM

Don't fret yet.  Chart a few cycles and you'll figure out what works and what doesn't.  However, what looks erratic on a graph isn't really that drastic if you look at the scale.  My 1st few charts looked alot like yours does - it took some getting used to temping at the same time each day and looking for cycle patterns rather than individual temps. 

I know it's hard when all you want is that sticky BFP, but remember that it can take up to 12 months for a healthy couple to conceive.

As for the temps below the CL - that could be implantation (some people have a dip, some don't) or it could be totally random, or it could be progesterone related.  I think that you'll need a few cycles charted out to see what's what though.

GL!

Natural m/c 2005

TTC #1 since Oct 2011

BFP 02/19/12 ---->  EDD 10/31/12 ----> natural m/c 02/28/12 4w6d

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS