Search

help

Has anyone received a free carseat canopy with paying $12 for shipping?

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 108
jewelbethany Posted: 04-17-2012 1:09 AM

I just bought some nursing bras at Motherhood Maternity today and they gave me some coupons for carseat canopy's, udder covers, and seven slings. I just used to carseat canopy one and now I'm worried that it's a scam. There website doesn't accept returns only exchanges and someone online said that they don't fit most carseats? Has anyone done this? I figured I was safe since Motherhood is issuing the coupon in their baby gift bag thing. Anyway if anyone else is interested you can google all of those products to get the product codes. All the car seat canopy weren't going to ship til April 27 or after. Hopefully its not a scam and at least I'm protected through paypal?? I'll update when/if I get it. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 6,512
piper replied on 04-17-2012 7:17 AM

No its not a scam - a friend of mine ordered the udder cover and it  was free but she paid shipping - the thing is its the cheapest thing ever - made in China and probably costs $1 to make - so the money they get from you for shipping is their "profit" -

me: 36 Kiss  DH: 46

Baby Boy Sept 2008 - IVF/ICSI

Baby Girl March 2011 - au natural

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,273
eabaldwin replied on 04-17-2012 11:13 AM

I didn't do the carseat cover, but I did the Udder Cover.  Personally, I don't think it is cheap.  I love the loop it has in the front so I can see DD while she is BF.  The fabric isn't super thick, but I prefer it that way to DD doesn't get too hot under there.  It is not too thin so that it is see through though.  It has lasted through 2 kids so far.  I would think that the carseat cover would be fine as well.  Let us know when you get it, if you wouldn't mind.  I would be curious to hear about it.Flowers

Me-38
DH-38

Angel  Feb. 2009, 5 weeks
Katherine Ann Baby Girl born Feb. 20, 2010 
Josephine May Baby Girl born Feb. 4, 2012

Angel Dec. 2013, 10 weeks

Chart (PP and 2nd pregnancy)

Current charts (online) Post m/c and TTC #3

DDog "Gerry" 14 yo Cocker Spaniel living with hypothyroidism & epilepsy

DDog "Button" 2yo lab mix rescue

DDog "Mission" *Forever in our hearts* 1999-2011

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 9,934
ThreePrinces replied on 04-18-2012 4:20 PM

Yup.  Got the carseat canopy and the Udder Cover, only paying shipping.  Love them both, but I especially love the Udder Cover.  I always had a hard time keeping a receiving blanket over me and baby, but with the Udder Cover it is no problem.  LOVE IT.  The canopy was great when it was colder, not that it is getting warmer I took it off.

3 amazing sons

Natalie Grace, after 40 months TTC!  Born February 12, 2012 at 2:18 A.M.  6 lb, 13 oz of pure joy!

Not Ranked
Posts 108
jewelbethany replied on 04-20-2012 12:51 PM

Thanks for the replies!

eabaldwin - I used to sell udder covers and thought they were nice too, so I have some left over from when I sold them. Never occurred to me that they were cheap, but probably not as nice as a bebe au lait - but still great! I'll let you know about the canopy. They said it would ship until April 27th, so hopefully I'll get it in a couple weeks.

Not Ranked
Posts 108
jewelbethany replied on 04-20-2012 12:53 PM

ThreePrinces - Good to know! I was hoping the canopy wasn't going to be too warm for spring/summer. But I live in idaho and it still is 50 to 65 degrees here. I'm so paranoid about baby temperature, so I'll be careful. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 108
jewelbethany replied on 05-25-2012 4:06 PM

Just to update you guys. I received my carseat canopy and I love it. It looks like pretty good quality. The colors are beautiful and it fits my car seat perfect. My car seat is kind of big, its a britax besafe or something. Its the one with the hard head flaps that go bilateral to baby's head. It was well worth the $12 and much more. I got it when they said I would. Love it!

edited to say I have a britax chaperone which is big and the canopy cover fits great

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 9,934
ThreePrinces replied on 05-29-2012 9:50 AM

I knew you'd love it.  Are you going to get the Udder Cover?  I use mine every day!

3 amazing sons

Natalie Grace, after 40 months TTC!  Born February 12, 2012 at 2:18 A.M.  6 lb, 13 oz of pure joy!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,621
wishn4baby replied on 05-29-2012 1:55 PM

I have the same type of coupons and just purchased one of the udder covers (paid shipping only). I'm thinking about the carseat canopy, but I'm not sure what it is. Does it just go over the baby and hang off the handle, not under the baby?

thanks!

Kate (34) DH (35)
Angel 7/4/2007
Baby Girl 9/12/08
Baby Girl 11/1/12
DDog (6)

Not Ranked
Posts 108
jewelbethany replied on 06-04-2012 12:07 AM

Threeprinces yes I do love it! Smile And I used to sell udder covers at a mall kiosk so I had some left over so I do use my udder cover every day. 

Wishn4baby - yeah its great. It has to velcro straps that attach to your handle and then it drapes over your carseat from front to back. So it goes on top of your built it weather protector canopy thing and it doesn't touch the baby.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bethany91 replied on 10-14-2012 8:51 PM

Yes the coupons or promo codes do work, I just bought a canopy off of carseatcanopy.com and only had to pay shipping. I used the promo code colt1

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MICHELLEAALLEN07 replied on 12-06-2012 3:27 PM

I'm thinking of getting the whole "caboodle set" for the carseat including canoopy. I'm just concerned that the lining and the actually sun shade canpopy piece may not cover the whole thing. I have a safety first infant car seat. Did you get the whole thing or just the carseat cover??

thanks,

Michelle

Not Ranked
Posts 13
rikising replied on 06-11-2013 11:27 PM

i did get both the carseat canopy and the utter covers sling (what a terrible name, don't you think?).  Any how, I have not used my cover very much because my son does not like it...he likes to be able to see me and interact with me more, so I pretty much have to just let everything hang out there :)  But, the carseat canopy I LOVE!  It is a good quality, is easy to wash and take care of, assists in blocking light or sun so your baby can sleep, and I have even used it as a blanket on the ground for little one to play on (it is super easy since the canopy is only held on by 2 velcro pieces).  I highly recommend the canopy!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Elizabethlane replied on 07-16-2013 8:06 AM

I have gotten these for myself and friends. Very nice. Anyone can get these at carseatcanopy.com use PROMO CODE: CUTE4U at checkout. Takes off $50 and you pay s&h which is around $12.90. It also works if you want to get the five piece "Whole Caboodle." Takes of $50--costs you $29.95. Cute and practical.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,141
JanaW replied on 07-16-2013 10:15 AM

Thanks for the specs... I have heard about this promotion from friends, but since I haven't shopped at Motherhood since pregnancy #1... I just ordered the carseat canopy for a first-time mom friend and the nursing cover/re-usable nursing pads for myself!

Can't wait for baby to be here so I can use them!

Baby Girl  6/09       Baby Girl 7/11      Baby Girl 10/13      

Broken Heart 13w, d&c 8/10  Broken Heart 6w1d, 8/12

The girl factory is shutting down- TTA using FAM indefinitely!

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS