help

clomid follicle sizes?

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 Posted: 02-21-2012 12:29 AM | Locked

Just curious what others' follicle sizes were on or about cycle day 13?

This is my first cycle on Clomid 50 mg days 3-7 and I had a scan yesterday on day 13. I had 3 follicles all about 9 mm (and a couple smaller ones), which my doctor said was small, but he thought maybe they would grow (and he couldn't see my right ovary that well). I go back on day 16 for another scan. Anyone have a similar size and go on to have a good ovulation?

I usually ovulate on my own, but not until day 30 or later and this may be the reason for my 2 miscarriages. I am just praying I can ovulate earlier this cycle! Give me hope! :-)

**Moved from Trying to Conceive 2.21.12**

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Baby Girl Baby Girl: 12/28/12 (Metformin and Clomid)

TTC #2 since first PP AF Feb 2014 (Metformin)

Not Ranked
Posts 257
blinky76 replied on 02-21-2012 1:47 AM | Locked

Its probably not fair to compare our results as I have a 27-28 day cycle and normally O on CD 13-14

.....but on my last clomid cycle (50mg cd 3-7) I had 4 follies all around 15-17 mm on CD 13...

Your cycle is much longer than mine and you have a longer time for your follies to grow.. CLomid does usually shorten your cycle and make you O earlier but all the same u have a few more days... so I would say they are tracking pretty well Smile

Me (37)& DH(37)

Stage III Endo, DOR & MFI - DNA fragmentation Shrug

TTC # 1 since 2009 - 

9/ 2010 & 10/2010 IUI #1&#2 = BFN... Sad  

IVF 1, 2, 3 - All BFN.. Sad

moved on to DE in South Africa with Cape Fertility - IVF 4 .. BFN Sad .... 

Back to South Africa Jan 2015 for IVF #5

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 02-21-2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Thanks. I was really hoping Clomid would bring me a "normal" ovulation time, but it looks like I will still be late. Hopefully not AS late. I guess we'll see tomorrow how things are progressing!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 02-23-2012 5:33 PM | Locked

Well, cycle day 16 was yesterday and they only grew to 10 mm. Its not look good :-( I think they are moving even more slowly than my natural cycles. UGH! I try not to get too down about everything, but last night was definitely hard.

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 59
hillary498 replied on 03-02-2012 6:06 PM | Locked

I wanted to let you know I went through this exact thing last month. My first month on clomid 100mg i had a beautiful response at calendar day 13 with follicule sizes at 22mm, 20mm and 18mm and I used to have a 35 day long cycle.  So the next month we continued with the 100mg and went in on day 11 (day 13 fell on a sunday) and my follicules we only at 6mm the largest.  So we came back on day 14 and there was one 10mm!  I was devastated!  Dumbfounded, you name it!  But, here is how we figured it out, I was temp charting too.  I had a feeling I ovulated at calendar day 23 and was suppose to start prometrium to induce AF on CD 32.  Because I was charting I waited a few days and I was right I had ovulated much later.  So now, this month I am on clomid 150mg.  Went in on CD12 and follicules were small again and came back CD15, had a 20 and 16.  HcG trigger shot that night!!  Sometimes you have to be patient with your body, it knows went it is ready.  DOn't lose hope it can still happen.  Are you temp charting as well? 

Not Ranked
Posts 149
micropreemiemom replied on 03-04-2012 8:49 PM | Locked

I had my day 12 (ended up being day 11) on Fri, and my follicles were 10mm.  Went in today, and one is almost 12 and the other is 13.  They want me to come in on Tues (cd 15) to check again.  I'm hoping they'll be mature by then.  I'm on 50 mg clomid - I am very high risk and absolutely cannot have multiples.  I had 3 follicles growing, but now it looks like it will just be 2 and I'm much more comfortable with that!  I say just give your body time (I know, it's hard to wait!  just wish there was something I could do to hurry my body along!)

~Lindsay

Me: 28 DH: 33

DS: 5 years old, born at 27 wks, 1lb 1oz and doing GREAT!!!

Currently TTC! Pray
PCOS, Endo
1/17/12 - hsg - normal
10/22/12 - lap, endo removed
4 cycles clomid/femera with trigger - BFN's Sad
Now using NaProTechnology - very hopeful this is the way God will bless us with another baby Pray
Nov, Dec, Jan - 50mg clomid - BFN's

Feb - 100mg clomid - BFN

March - 100mg clomid - Fingers Crossed for BFP!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/14 - moved out of state, so new dr, new start!

4/14 - too many cysts to take femera

5/14 - double dose femera, O'd on my own + IUI - BFN

6/14 - double dose femera + trigger + IUI - ?????

My charts
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 03-06-2012 1:21 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone. I am temperature charting. I am on Day 27 and finally thought I had a rise today, but then I vaguely remembered going to the bathroom sometime in the night, so I guess I need to wait until tomorrow to see if it has really gone up. I ovulated on my own last month on Day 30, so it doesn't seem like the Clomid did anything at all.  I'll go to the doctor on Day 30 and get Prometrium if I still haven't ovulated. 

Hillary- Did you get a BFP with the 150mg?

micropreemiemom- I hope this is your cycle for 1 nice and big follicle.

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 03-09-2012 12:58 AM | Locked

Just an update- I ended up ovulating on day 27. Definitely not ideal, but we'll see what happens. I am taking 100 mg per day 3-7 next cycle and hopefully that will help!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 59
hillary498 replied on 03-21-2012 6:25 PM | Locked

No I did not get a BFP sadly.  I was so hoping for it though.  I am now on 150mg again this month but I am at calendar day 17 today and had my mid cycle ultrasound yesterday with no sign of follicule development.  I thought maybe I had ovulated but I haven't seen a temperature shift yet so maybe, I am hoping I'll stil ovulate later.  We did just get back from a trip to Hawaii which was a 6 hour time change and we left on calendar day 7 so I wonder if that may have caused a delay. I'm kind of bummed but I find strength ins upporting those of you in these forums.  So keep your chin up and I'll do the same!  :) best wishes!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 03-21-2012 11:01 PM | Locked

Hillary- I hope you do end up ovulating! It is so frustrating to wait for, I know. Your travels definitely could have impacted. Did your doctor have any thoughts.

I am on cycle day 4 now on my second cycle with Clomid. This month I am taking 100 mg days 3-7. My period seems strange (wrote about it in another post), but I am praying that has nothing to do with this upcoming ovulation. I go on CD11 for a scan (supposed to be 12, but having a hard time finding an appointment to fit with work!).

Hope we both ovulate soon!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 706
angelstar220 replied on 03-22-2012 2:06 PM | Locked

Hi Ladies - I hope you don't mind me chiming in =)

I have done several rounds of Clomid - and even on Clomid I O late - my RE stopped doing early u/s (day 13-15) because It is known that I O much later - the earliest I O'd was CD17 on Clomid.  My first round of Clomid - 50 mg, I O'd on cd19 - I was not being monitored that cycle - I confirmed with temps, opks though. ( I was going to link my chart but I guess my membership expired so I can only see the last 3 months) My typical O is between day 26-35. 

Other cycles on Clomid:

Cycle 2 trying Clomid: 50 mg days 3-7 - no O - This cycle I was monitored and I went in for u/s on cd 13, 17, and 21, on cd21 the follicles were only around 11mm so I started Provera to bring on AF because we were moving forward to IUI the next cycle and we were ready to get that started.

Cycle 3 trying Clomid:  100 mg days 3-7, O on CD 17 (and IUI) - I had an U/S on CD16 showing follies around 14 & 15 and she said to trigger but I wasn't sure they were quite ready =)

Cycle 4 trying Clomid:  100 mg days 3-7, O on CD 22, no trigger, no monitoring, confirmed with opks & temps.

Cycle 5 trying Clomid:  I used Femara and Follistim (shots) and O'd on CD19 and had IUI - went in for two ultrasounds and follicles were small but on third ultrasound looked ready =)

I also tried Femara by itself - I did not O and got a huge cyst =(  I am so glad it works for others but my body responds better to Clomid.

I know that is a lot of info - but I wanted to share particularly because I see that you ladies are also having late O on Clomid.  It is so hard to wait and it stinks that Clomid didn't make me O at the 'right' time - and I was so frustrated every month that CD 14 would come and go without a hint of an eggie.  I know it doesn't help much but be patient your eggies and BFP's are coming, as I also hope mine are =)

Wishing all of you ladies the best of luck and LOTS of baby dust!!!

AngelAngel 29 & Sean 25 Smile - My Charts

From previous marriage: Baby Boy Garryn - 10, Baby Boy Kaiden - 8;
Baby #1 together Marix born 11/27/13 a Baby Boy (after 3 years 3 months TTC and IVF#1, thanking God for our miracle!)

Not Ranked
Posts 59
hillary498 replied on 03-22-2012 7:41 PM | Locked

THat is definetly a lot of info ... but good info and very hopeful! I really appreciate it. 

ateach- my doctor actually thought maybe I had ovulated and that we missed it, but based on my temps I haven't O'ed yet.  I think I am just going to monitor with temps ad OPKs this month and if nothing happens by calendar day 30 I'll call to start prometrium again.  Right now I'm on calendar day 17 and the latest I have O'ed on clomid (100mg) was on CD23. So I may still have some time.  The human body can be an amazing and frustrating thing sometimes :)

I'm cheering all you ladies on and that keeps my spirits positive.  Tanks again for the great info angel! This forum has really helped me feel I am not alone!  Baby JuJu all around!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 662
RadiatingJoy4All replied on 03-22-2012 8:27 PM | Locked

I went in for my scan this past month (CD12) and had 2 follicles at 9mm and one at 8mm. My doc said that wasn't good and had me start another round of clomid that day (since my lining looked good). Went in 8 days later and I had 3 follicles (22, 18, 17). I triggered that day and we did IUI the next. My DH has good sperm count (total 102 million, 92.3 million post-wash). I got my BFP on the 19th!

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 03-28-2012 6:38 AM | Locked

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false

Wow- it has been really encouraging to have so many replies on here. Thanks for all your help!

Angelstar- You have certainly had a long road with Clomid and Femara and I am so sorry to see you had an ectopic. But, you are right in your siggie that it is really great you could get pregnant. I have to remind myself of the same thing about my miscarriages.

Hillary- Any ovulation news? I hope it happened!!

Mandi- Congratulations! That is really encouraging!

AFM- I am on cycle day 11 of round 2 of Clomid (this time 100 mg days 3-7). I went in for an ovarian ultrasound today and he saw a great 19 mm follicle on one ovary (and an 11 mm and a very small one). He couldn’t see my other ovary today, but he is hopeful that I will ovulate any day now. The bad news was that my uterine lining looked slightly irregular (a little bit like there could be 2 polyps, but since my hysteroscopy was all clear in January, he isn’t really sure). It was nice and thick, though, so I am very hopeful. I’ll do LH tests every day now (along with my temps).

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 59
hillary498 replied on 03-29-2012 4:56 PM | Locked

Hi Ladies, I think I may be more confused than the last time I was in here LOL.  On calendar day 15 I had the ultrasound and the nurse assumed I had already ovulated because she couldn't see anything so I didn't recieve a trigger shot this month.  Now I had just returned from vacation that was a 6 hour time zone difference. Don't know if that affected anything.  But judging from my temps below I O'ed 4 days later. There's no denying it I think and yet I can't explain it.  Now I have been looking at every chart in the "not optimally timed intercourse" just to see others who got pregnant to keep me positive LOL. 

Hope everything works out ateach!  will they give you a trigger or do they seem concerned about your uterine lining?  I know my lining was too thin when I first started the clomid and now I am on a small dose of estrogen the day I finish clomid which seems to be doing the trick!

Take care and best of luck!!

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 04-01-2012 7:00 AM | Locked

Hillary- it does look like you O'd later. How strange that she couldn't see anything! When did you get back from you trip? I know my temps are high for 3-4 days after I do a big time zone switch. People have gotten pregnant on here with sex 3 days before, but I know why it is stressful!

afm- I am not doing triggers (yet? maybe he will add them in the future). My lining is definitely thick enough, but it has 2 irregularities right now. He actually has seen these before, but did a hysteroscopy and everything looked fine... so I don't think he is sure how he wants to proceed. He said he doesn't want to do anything about it, yet, but wants to keep an eye on it. I, personally, think my lining may not be shedding properly during my period and possibly retaining a little between cycles. I have read different theories about whether that can happen, and I am not a doctor, so my thoughts aren't worth much haha! Anyways, I had positive OPKs yesterday and today and am hoping I O today or tomorrow. Hubby is getting tired of BDing I think so I am hoping for today really!!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 04-03-2012 8:26 PM | Locked

Well, after 3 high temps, it's official! I O'd on cycle day 15 this cycle on 100 mg Clomid days 3-7. So happy that I at least O'd on a normal day!!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 342
ateach84 replied on 04-14-2012 8:08 AM | Locked

Just thought I would update this thread that I did get pregnant this cycle on Clomid! I am praying that it sticks!

me-30  hubby-29

PCOS and miscarriages

Angel 9/11 Angel 2/12

Not Ranked
Posts 190
chigirl35 replied on 04-14-2012 9:48 AM | Locked

Congrats! H&H 9 months for you!!!

TTC #1 on and off (but mostly on) since August, 2009

Me: 36 DH: 47 Unexplained infertility.

Clomid June, 2011- BFN  Sad

IUI #1 August, 2011 (Clomid/Ovidrel) - BFN Sad

IUI #2  September, 2011 (Clomid/Ovidrel) - BFN  Sad

IUI #3 October, 2011 (Letrezol/Ovidrel) - BFN Sad

IUI #4 December, 2011 (Gonal F 75u/Ovidrel/Prometrium 200mg) - BFN  Sad

IUI #5 January, 2012 (Gonal F 75u/Ovidrel/Prometrium 200mg) - BFN  Sad

IUI #6 February, 2012 (Gonal F 150u/Ovidrel/Prometrium 200mg) - BFN  Sad

IVF #1 ET on 5/1/12-transferred 2 5-day blasts, Beta on 5/10/12 was BFP, U/S shows Baby GirlBaby Boy Twins!

Not Ranked
Posts 59
hillary498 replied on 04-15-2012 8:49 AM | Locked

ateach! Wonderful news!! Last cycle was BFN for me.  We are now on our last cycle of clomid, CD13 ultrasound this coming Thursday.  We will most likely take a break of drugs for a few months and see if my cycles continue without the help of drugs, but we will see what they say and maybe ...we will get a BFP and not have to have that conversation.

I am excited and hopeful by your news! I wish you the best !  And please keep us updated! 

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS