help

Temperature dip 3 DPO--Confused!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 2
SydneyRWL Posted: Wed, Nov 30 2011 9:54 PM

I'm confused because I KNOW that I have ovulated. I always get really sore boobs and I took an OPK and it was positive and I had EWCM and my temps rose exactly when they should have. However, today, 3 DPO, my temperature dipped to 96.88 (my coverline is 97.47 or somewhere around there and my temps after ovulation have been 97.8 range). So I'm confused as to what it could mean. Is it possible that it is an implantation dip this early? Or is it a fall-back thermal shift? Its been awhile since I've read TCOYF and we recently moved so it's packed up in a box somewhere. I'd love some input. 

TTC since July 2010

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 7,437
jbizzy replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:53 AM

Fall back usually happens at 2dpo.... the "implantation dip" which is a secondary estrogen surge (does not indicate pregnancy but can be more common on pregnancy charts supposedly)... anyway, those don't usually occur until 6 to 10 dpo... can you share your chart with us?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 823
EngineerMom replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 8:35 AM

I agree with PP, although I've seen temps below the coverline at other times after the rise -- 2DPO, 3DPO, 5DPO.  Although the book talks about a fall back rise on 2DPO and an implantation dip in the 8-12DPO range, really all these temp drops are likely due to estrogen surges during LP and could theoretically happen anytime, whether pregnant or not. 

If your temp drops for just the one day, the SW won't move or take away the egg on your chart, but if it dips for two days in a row (and maybe even for two days separated by a few days) SW will interpret this as NO ovulation and will move your CL and show an annovulatory cycle.

You have to have three high temps in the first four days after six lower temps to get an ovulation prediction.   One drop below in the first four days, it will discount as a fall back, but two it will consider relevant.

since this is 3DPO for you, that lower temp probably took away the Egg on the chart or didn't put one on as you would have expected.  If your temp is high again tomorrow (for 3 highs in the first four days) it should drop an egg. 

Not Ranked
Posts 52
FeelingLucky replied on Sat, May 17 2014 10:01 AM

This happened to me today, too.  So confusing!!!!  Anyone with anecdotal experience?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 9,554
tmonee replied on Sat, May 17 2014 10:42 AM

No ovulation yet on your chart, sorry.  There is no thermal shift. 

Need help sharing your chart?  Click HERE for instructions.
Confused by all the abbreviations?  See a list of commonly used abbreviations HERE .

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."-- MLK jr

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS