Search

help

.88 cent tests at Walmart. Anyone know what level HCG it reads?

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 34
7sweetblessings Posted: 10-26-2011 12:21 AM

So I bought a test from Walmart. They are 88 cents and in the checkout lane. I believe it is called First Step and says it can be used the first day of a missed period. Anyone know how much HCG triggers a BFP on these?

Rachel 40 and Jason 41

SAHM to:

Rebekah Baby Girl 18,  JosiahBaby Boy 14, JacobBaby Boy 12,  JoshuaBaby Boy 10, ReaganBaby Girl 7,  RuthBaby Girl 5, JoelBaby Boy 3,  Ruby Baby Girl 18 months (08/2012),         Angel 10/29/11 @ 5 wks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,815
dj rayne replied on 10-26-2011 7:10 AM

Well I have repeatedly tried to post pics but won't happen this AM. There is an orange box with a woman's midsection shown that is the European version. It states it is 10mIU and that it is early detection. The box at WM here is light purple with purple writing ans does not show either which leads me to believe it is in the 25 - 50 range. I couldn't find the manufacturer but you could call the number in/on the box.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 893
johns_angel22 replied on 11-04-2011 10:33 PM

Yeah, I just saw those for the first time and decided to try them out and see if I like them. Well, the reason I am a good one to try it on is because I am already pregnant--13wks to be exact. I went ahead and gave it a go and got the faintest of faint pink lines. What the heck! Totally freaked me out. That one experience wasn't the best. I will probably try them again in the future, but won't be discouraged if I don't get a BFP. Good luck!

31Kiss26 (me)- Happily married since 12/31/05

Baby Boy-Thomas, (Tominus Minimus Cutious Maximus Stick out tongue) born 05-02-08

Baby-Tommy's twin, lost (but always remembered) at 6wks

Baby Boy-Christopher, My sweet little angel, born too early on 09-02-09. I got to hold him for just a couple of seconds before he went home to be with my Savior.

Baby Girl-Evelyn (sweetie pie) Joy, born 09-06-10

Baby Boy-Samuel David, my sweet, sweet, little boy, born 05-14-12

Angel-3 early m/c

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,815
dj rayne replied on 11-06-2011 4:14 AM

HPTs don't work right that late. All they do is end up causing stress.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,838
brenjan98 replied on 11-14-2011 1:48 PM

I was just going to post about this!  Unfortunately I am poas to watch for a bfn after m/c.  I spotted these tests and have taken two of them.  M/c started last Sunday night and hcg on Monday (11/7) was 120 and on Wed it was 58.  Took one of these on Friday and assuming hcg should be around 29, the line was a nice medium purple, not faint at all, gave a really clear result.  Took another one today and am hoping (guessing), it should be about 10-15 and I got a light solid easy to see line, not a squinter at all.  I think these are the same as the European version.  They are not allowed to say they are early detection and the reps say they are 25 mIU tests, but I doubt it.  Most sensitive I have seen by far. The Dollar Tree tests are WAY less sensitive.  I go again this Wed for another draw and I'll also test with First Signal and compare the beta with the darkness of the line.  I'll try to remember to check in and let you know!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Not Ranked
Posts 34
7sweetblessings replied on 11-16-2011 3:35 AM

Thanks for the replies. I too REALLY like them. I thought maybe they read pretty high amounts of hcg because my line was so light at 20dpo, but it was quite the contrary. They are very sensitive! I used them to to watch for a bfn after my recent early m/c.  They gave me really good lines when $ tree was nearly undetectable. I will definitely buy these again. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rachel 40 and Jason 41

SAHM to:

Rebekah Baby Girl 18,  JosiahBaby Boy 14, JacobBaby Boy 12,  JoshuaBaby Boy 10, ReaganBaby Girl 7,  RuthBaby Girl 5, JoelBaby Boy 3,  Ruby Baby Girl 18 months (08/2012),         Angel 10/29/11 @ 5 wks

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,838
brenjan98 replied on 11-21-2011 12:09 PM

Below are recent pics of First Signal hpt from 11/16 when beta level was 35 and corresponding IC.

Also from today, 11/21 compared with a FRER.  The line is much more visible than FRER!  From what I have read, frer can detect 6.5 mIu and pretty consistent with 12.5.  I have no idea what my beta levels are today, but 5 days ago it was 35, and the week before was 58.  They are dropping slowly.  I think 1st Signal must detect 10 or less.  The IC from today hardly shows a squinter and I would classify frer from today as a squinter, but 1st signal a solid faint line.

The frer test from today matches my bfp at 10 dpo.  I go again in a week for hopefully my last beta draw.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,838
brenjan98 replied on 11-21-2011 12:13 PM

Oops, forgot the one from last week with beta of 35.  Here it is.

Not Ranked
Posts 34
7sweetblessings replied on 11-24-2011 12:00 AM

We have such similar things going on. I actually got a very faint squinter on the first signal and it has been 27days since the start of my m/c.  I too have had several days of +opk. I am so confused. Not sure if I am Oing or just hcg still there. Weird!

Rachel 40 and Jason 41

SAHM to:

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,815
dj rayne replied on 11-24-2011 7:32 AM

LH can for some remain high enough to trigger OPKs during the LP (or PG). hCG shows up in the blood first, urine second and leaves the blood first so you would see a lower number with a blood test than a urine test is picking up. If the lines get darker you would need to call your Dr to make sure there is nothing retained. For many once your levels drop below 10-15 your body starts preparing to cycle again so a new PG is possible.

David Jude

My WebCharts

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,838
brenjan98 replied on 11-24-2011 12:09 PM

7sweetblessings- I'm sorry for your loss.  It is definitely not a fun experience to go through.  I requested you as a friend, so maybe we can compare charts.  Do you have any other signs that o is near?  Have you had beta levels drawn?  I hope we can both get back to normal quickly!  My m/c started 11/6 and bleeding/then spotting lasted 10 days.  I'm not really sure what is going on because I had yet another + opk today.  Temps are still low, but there is a tiny chance I o'd 4 days ago based on symptoms and a typical slow rise that I have gotten after o.  More likely, my body is gearing up and it just hasn't happened yet.  Hope it does soon!

Dj- Thanks so much for that very helpful information.  Would you say then, that a positive hpt would show before an opk?  I read that Answer strips measure about 40 for the opk and frers are much more sensitive as hpts, so if I'm getting barely a line on the frer, and a dark pos on the opk, seems that it is detecting lh?  Monday is another beta draw, and I would imagine it's very low and probably close to 0 by then.  I will take another hpt tomorrow to see if I get a complete bfn.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Not Ranked
Posts 34
7sweetblessings replied on 11-29-2011 11:18 PM

Brenjan: I haven't had a beta, but I did just get a squinter on a frer. I am pretty sure I o'd 9 days ago. I also have been super hungry and faint feeling. I am going to test every day to see if it gets darker, and than give my dr. a call.

I actually do not have any charts. I keep track of all my fertility stuff, but no temping because I am still bf my ds.

Have you had another beta?

I am so sorry for your loss!Hug

Rachel 40 and Jason 41

SAHM to:

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,838
brenjan98 replied on 11-30-2011 9:15 AM

7sweetblessings- Sounds really promising with the squinter on frer!  You should post it!  If you were monitoring down to a negative after your m/c, then I would say a new + is indeed a +!  

I had a beta on Monday and today I got the results, which are "less than 2".  So I am officially done testing!  I will say that on Monday I took one of the .88 tests and I did get a faint evap line after the 10 minutes.  So I would warn anyone not to read it after that time frame.  The IC I took that day has remained a bfn.

I'm 5 dpo today and had some weird light spotting on the tp last night.  So, it brought back some memories of the m/c, but at least this time if af shows her head and I have a super short lp, I have nothing to lose.  Although, my temp is still climbing and the spotting is gone today, so hopefully a good sign.  I don't have a lot of expectations for this cycle, but time will tell!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
artssnuggie replied on 06-13-2012 1:12 PM

well i fell inlove with these test i have seen many ladies on ff get very early BFP using these test from like 7dpo and 8 dpo and 9 dpo and getting good lines so yesterday i went out and baught the shelf lol and im only 5dpo but i just wanted to take them for a test drive before it comes to serious test business and not even an evap i feel they are very sensitive

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Snurfy replied on 06-20-2012 6:46 PM

I went today to get some of these and could not find them. The pharmacist had never even heard of Walmart carrying it. Is it a regional thing? It was in Tulalip, WA.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,815
dj rayne replied on 06-21-2012 8:20 AM

Some of the WMs carry them some do not. Of the WMs in our area there are those that put them at the register, those that keep them on an endcap in the feminine hygene section, those that keep them behind the pharmacy counter and those that don't carry them at all. I think it has to do with buying habits and median income ranges as for the determination of what WM carries them. At some of the WMs all PTs are in individual locked cases.

David Jude

My WebCharts

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS