help

Very bad cramping at 14DPO

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 21
jaders11 Posted: 07-19-2011 8:13 PM

I am 14 DPO and got by first BFP last Friday at 10 DPO!  Last night and at points today I have had the most painful cramping I have ever experienced.  I was awoken at 330AM this morning by them.  I was in so much pain it almost made me throw up.   It lasted about 10 minutes.  Today it has been off and on and not nearly as bad, but still painful.  I have had NO spotting.  Has anyone had this experience??

Me (33) DH (32)

TTC #1 since January 2011

BFP 7/15/2011 same cycle as 1st HSG

Angel 9/5/2011 @ 10 weeks

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 7,881
Miss Kelly replied on 07-19-2011 8:19 PM

No BTDT - but with that being said Ive pregnant a lot of times, Im on baby number 5... Ive never felt pain like you are describing.  You may want to call your OB to rule out eptopic.

Kelly 36 Kirk 40
Baby BoyJordan 18Baby GirlMeredith 7Baby GirlPaige6 Baby GirlNora 2Baby GirlLillian EDD 9/16/11
Angel6 DA's in HeavenAngel

Joined TCOYF 6/16/2001

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,917
Calladona replied on 07-19-2011 9:04 PM

Yeah, I think if your pain is that bad, I'd go in... Hug  If you can't get up with your doctor soon, I'd head in to the ER....

Susan - 33 married to Chris - 34

Baby GirlCatherine Anne born via c-section June 30, 2008

Baby GirlRebecca Marie born naturally April 18, 2010

Baby BoyJohn McNary born naturally January 9, 2012

Baby GirlJulia Grace born naturally August 26, 2013

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 3,100
belovedofHim replied on 07-19-2011 11:53 PM

yes, I've been there.  especially around the time AF was due.  and actually i cramped through the first trimester though it got better towards the end.  the doc told me m/c usually starts with bleeding and then cramping and that tylenol was OK to take for cramping pain.  hope it gets better for you!  it is scary :/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 4,425
aprilFool1208 replied on 07-20-2011 7:29 AM

When I got pregnant with DS, I had really bad cramping as well (worse than I'd ever felt), with no spotting.  I hadn't gotten a BFP yet at that point, so I didn't know if it was pregnancy or AF.  I was told by my doc that cramping is very common in early pregnancy.

I think my DH would make me go into the doctor if I had pain that severe, though, because he's so worried about ectopic pregnancies.  My SIL had an ectopic, didn't know she was pregnant, had severe abdominal pain, and found out too late what the cause was.  Always better to get checked out.

GL and hope it gets better soon!

DH Heart Me

Baby Boy --4 1/2 (at 37 weeks)
Baby Girl -- 2 (at 39+1)
Baby Girl -- born at 37 weeks - July 2014

My Previous Charts -- NTNP

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. ~Psalm 127-3~

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 777
JennyG11 replied on 07-20-2011 7:52 AM

jaders11:

I am 14 DPO and got by first BFP last Friday at 10 DPO!  Last night and at points today I have had the most painful cramping I have ever experienced.  I was awoken at 330AM this morning by them.  I was in so much pain it almost made me throw up.   It lasted about 10 minutes.  Today it has been off and on and not nearly as bad, but still painful.  I have had NO spotting.  Has anyone had this experience??

YES! Me, me, me! I got my BFP at 10 DPO... and around 14DPO got severe SEVERE cramping - definitely worse than any menstrual cramps I'd ever had. I would get them overnight as well and they would wake me up. I also felt like I would be sick, and a few times I'd run to the bathroom feeling like I'd be finding the first traces of AF or severe diarrhea (sorry for TMI... but that's how it felt for me!). It lasted for about a week (cramping a few times a day - I joke that baby doesn't like Math because they would always hit during my math teaching block - I'm a teacher) and then slowly tapered off to nothing after a week or so. Sometimes it was all I could do to get through them, and most times I would have to sit and collect myself and breathe. All my research and talking to my doctor showed that it's normal to having this kind of cramping around when AF is due and while baby is "implanting," so long as you're not bleeding. Still, if you're worried I would call up your doc. FYI, I'm now 39 weeks with this LO and anticipating his/her arrival any day! So it turned out fine in my case. Let us know how you're doing! 

Jenny (31),  DH (31), Married Oct/10.
Baby Boy Hunter William ~ July 31/11.
Baby Boy Blake Mathew ~ March 11/14.
TTA for now... definitely know that we'll be having another eventually!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS