Search

Compare Charts

help

When do babies start to run out of room to kick in the womb?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,324
scarlet_willow Posted: 04-26-2011 3:59 PM

So I know I'm getting further along and baby is getting bigger by the day, but these specific movements I don't quite remember from my previous pregnancies.  My first two boys were active for sure and I know the more kids you have the earlier you can feel them due to the muscles stretching way out.  I am trying to take those things into account.  I have been feeling this little guy since 15 weeks (when I was SURE it was baby, not gas).  Now I am almost 29 weeks.  He has always been very active and strong.  I have already felt the hiccups, the feet in ribs, the pressing against my pelvis, seen my whole belly shake and roll... much of the typical stuff.  But the last few days I feel like he literally is running out of room ALREADY. I feel so many pokes all over my belly. Like he'll be poking into several different parts of my belly at the same time, plus pressure on my pelvis and into my ribs.  It is sooo uncomfortable. I really do love feeling him whenever, but the movements feel so strong it really almost concerns me.  Writing it all down just makes me realize it is totally normal though. 

Am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill here?  Maybe I just can't remember when I felt this with my first two, or maybe it wasn't as apparent back then.  Anyone else feeling this now?

Catie (30)  Heart the hubs (29)

Baby Boy James ~ July 2008
Baby Boy Henry ~ October 2009
Baby Boy Mac ~ July 2011 
Broken Heart Baby Teddy  ~ December 2012 at 4w5d
Baby Girl Clare ~ November 2013

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,079
cand82 replied on 04-26-2011 4:28 PM

This is my first, but I felt the baby move on both sides of my belly at 25 weeks, the first pressure or kicks to the ribs wasn't until about 28 weeks, and the pelvis pressure feels like it has been there for a while, I can't remember when it started, but the last few weeks its been even more intense (I am 36 weeks right now). Don't know if that helps but it seems similar in any case Wink

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 777
JennyG11 replied on 04-26-2011 7:16 PM

I was JUST going to post about this - I am 27 weeks into my first pregnancy, and I feel like my stomach is literally going to explode. I have no more room and feel baby all day long in my ribs, pelvis, side, etc. etc. I don't think it's anything to worry about. With my LO, while I'm having a little less movement now than I have in the past few weeks, the movements are much more intense. As I'm sitting here, I can feel my dinner sitting in my throat because I don't think there's any room for my stomach to hold it all!  Anyway, I feel like baby is running out of room in me too!! You're not alone!

Jenny (31),  DH (31), Married Oct/10.
Baby Boy Hunter William ~ July 31/11.
Baby Boy Blake Mathew ~ March 11/14.
TTA for now... definitely know that we'll be having another eventually!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 933
kcl replied on 04-27-2011 4:30 PM

JennyG11:

I was JUST going to post about this

Me too.  I can almost not take the pressure down low anymore!  It's causing so much discomfort and feels just like menstrual cramps.  Ick.  I noticed a distinct change in baby's movements from kicking to rolling and pushing right at 29 weeks.  I also felt like baby was running out of room.  In the 3 weeks since then, baby is still just as active, just rolling and stretching instead of kicking.  Also, at my 30 week appt., I found out baby was head down already.  That certainly caused a change in how things felt.  I have lots of pressure on my bladder now and it's really hard for me to tell when I have to have a BM.  It's weird, but I think it's just because baby is taking up so much space in there!

HTH!

Me & DH & Baby Boy June 2011, BFed for 17 months and 1 week

3 Broken Heart 6/2010 @ 6wks,  8/2010 @ 4wks & missed miscarriage found 2/27/2013 @ 9 weeks measured 6.5 weeks  D&E 3/4/13, retained tissue, took Misoprostol 3/12/13, still had retained tissue (confirmed through u/s, HCG at 146 on 4/26/13) D&E #2 4/30/13, 5/2/13 - u/s and bloodwork (HCG = 14!) confirm that this is almost over!

A 5th BFP 10/5/13, EDD one day before my DS's 3rd birthday!

BabyFruit Ticker

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 2,206
LMoo replied on 04-27-2011 4:55 PM

I am almost 32 weeks and that is exactly how I am feeling too. I am constantly feeling the baby both putting pressure on my ribs and my pelvic bone. Im not sure if I can take 8 more weeks of having to pee every 15 minutes. Its tolerable if Im sitting but when I stand I really can't last more than 30 minutes (I wait tables for a living so that means lots of potty breaks during the work day). I second what Kcl said about the distinct change in movement around 29/30 weeks. He doesnt feel like hes kicking anymore but instead that he is rolling and dragging his pointy limbs across my belly.  Last night I was sitting on the couch trying to watch tv and I just couldn't get comfortable because there was no position that made it feel like this "little" bean had enough room.  I guess that as he grows bigger I will also grow bigger giving him the room he needs. I just can't believe he might double in size from what he is now, yikes!

Lauren (Me): 27 Joel (DH): 29 Married 9/13/09 Kiss

Baby BoyGideon Mark July 1, 2011 Nursed this little monkey for 20 months!

Baby BoyEverett Gilbert May 23, 2013

Baby EED April 1, 2015

Not Ranked
Posts 1,398
Ready4aBaby replied on 04-27-2011 7:58 PM

I don't know if it;s normal or not, but DD1 somehow found the room to continue kicking me HARD until about a week before I delivered her at 40 weeks. 

My gut says this Baby Girl will be no different.  I'm at 32 weeks and she's still doing full rolls, kicks, and punches. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS