help

What does red raspberry leaf do?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 47
jessibeast Posted: 04-13-2011 7:40 AM

I'm having kind of a weird cycle. I thought I O'd right on time, because I had a temp shift, but then that same day and the next day, I had a ton of EW. Then I had another temp shift, but the EW kept on coming! A a few days ago I had a third temp shift, and dried up. But then last night, after sex with no backup, I went to the bathroom and (this might be TMI for some, so fair warning) I think there was a lot of EW on the toilet paper! I know it can be hard to distinguish from semen, but I'm pretty confident in my assessment. I won't go into more detail on it. Just trust me. This was not like it usually is.

I noticed, though, that this new herbal tea I got has red raspberry leaf in it. I see that mentioned a lot on here, over in TTC, and was under the impression that it increases CM. Is that correct? If it is, is it possible that it was giving me EW even after I'd ovulated? I just don't have any other explanation as to why my symptoms aren't matching up at all. I've had all of my other post-O symptoms since the second temp shift almost a week ago. 

I'm considering getting Plan B later, which sucks. Any idea how that will affect my cycle? I hate to mess with my hormones, but I can't quite justify the raspberry leaf thing to myself. Though, since my temp has shifted, it can't delay ovulation like it's supposed to, which will definitely decrease effectiveness :(  Can I have sex with no backup for the rest of my cycle after taking it, or will it "reset" me? 

Wish me luck! This is like, the only three-month span of my life where getting pregnant would be a big problem, not least of all because I don't have insurance that will cover it. I should probably get that one of these days....

Not Ranked
Posts 49
zzdeleted55615 replied on 04-13-2011 9:02 AM

Well I know theres a product out there that's called fertilityblend that I once took to concieve my son, obviously it worked i got it at GNC. Red raspberry leaf is a natural tonic which helps tone the uterus causing contractions, this is why most women take it to induce labor in the third timister after the 36- 38 week mark, if you ever heard that. It can also help get you pregnant along with other herbs such as vitex. So I would say it would make since that it would p[roduce more fertile CM. 

Plan B can mess up your cycle for about a month or two. Its really not that bad.  If you want you can still chart but it may mess up your chart or the way it looks.

Not Ranked
Posts 47
jessibeast replied on 04-13-2011 4:46 PM

That's a long time for it to mess your cycle up! I just took it, also scouring my copy of the TCOYF book for an explanation of reasons that temps and CM could be so mismatched, and the most convincing thing was the possibility of a harmless ovarian cyst that might not have any symptoms other than prolonged EWCM. I'm overdue for a pelvic exam anyway, so I guess I'll find out. Either way, "plumbing" issues or tea, I'm feeling pretty confident I wasn't fertile, though the Plan B made me feel more calm. 

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it ^_^

Not Ranked
Posts 49
zzdeleted55615 replied on 04-13-2011 8:07 PM

also give it time for the plan b to work, I know your gonna hate me for saying this but use a back up method if your gonna have sex for at least the first 2 weeks then continue what your doing.

Not Ranked
Posts 581
dreamer6 replied on 04-14-2011 9:02 PM

3 temp shifts is really strange! Did your temps reach the normal post-O range for you after any of those shifts? (not sure how long you've been charting...)

Anyway, hopefully PlanB wont mess up your cycle since you took it around the time of O when your body would naturally release progesterone anyway. My chart after PlanB was fine. I think where people have problems with it messing up their cycle is when they take it at the beginning or very end. I just wanted to say if you did in fact O PlanB wouldn't be able to be effective. But hopefully the EWCM was just a fluke and the egg was long gone with the first temp rise. Fingers Crossed

Me, 28 & Dh, 28 
43 cycles TTA. 2 cycles TTC and my whole life dreaming...My sweet baby girl is here.
Baby Girl 3.14.2014
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Mrs.Haha replied on 04-14-2011 9:22 PM

How much red raspberry tea have you been drinking? Usually you have to drink quite a bit at least a cup every other day or more for it to have an effect. And if it's just one ingredient mixed in with a bunch of others and not necessarily meant as an herbal tea then it usually has no effect at all. It has to have some potency to do anything. Example if it's just regular tea at a grocery store that has it in there mostly just for flavor then it most likely won't do anything. I've drank red raspberry tea and taken it in capsule form to help with fertility  and if I want it to do something for me I have to go to an herbal or health store and get a red raspberry tea that has been made for helping with the reproductive organs.  Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 47
jessibeast replied on 04-16-2011 9:33 AM

dreamer6-- I did end up in post-O range after the second shift, which was the one that I based my coverline on. The third was a little high and then-- get this-- I had a fourth that put me way higher than I usually get the day I posted this thread, but I temp while half-asleep and check the digital later, so I didn't know. So confusing. 

I'd post a link, but I paper-chart. I've stopped temping for now, though. I know that the Plan B will probably give me high temps and it's definitely giving me the pregnancy-like symptoms I had back with I was on the pill.

Trying not to worry too much about being pregnant. I've done everything I can at this point. Worrying will do me no good. If this all works out, I'm going to add an extra day of dry-up, to ease my mind in the future. I don't blame the method the way it is; this is just a hard chart to read, and I probably should have been more conservative....

Mrs.Haha-- I definitely haven't had that much red raspberry leaf. It's just a tea blend from whole foods, with that as the primary tea leaf being used. It's not medicinal or anything, just tasty ^_^ I drank a cup most days earlier this cycle, but since its a blend, I guess that's probably not my issue. 

Keep your fingers crossed for me! 

Not Ranked
Posts 581
dreamer6 replied on 04-16-2011 4:19 PM

I'm not sure what you could have done differently/been more conservative? With that many consistent temps above your average coverline and a dry up I think anyone would feel safe. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though and hopefully the waiting goes by quickly! Fingers Crossed PlanB symptoms really suck. It's so cruel they have to be the same as pregnancy ones.

You could always post a pic of your chart? My curiosity has got the best of me. Stick out tongue I always paper chart too; I just enter them online for fun and to get the software's confirmation.

GL

Me, 28 & Dh, 28 
43 cycles TTA. 2 cycles TTC and my whole life dreaming...My sweet baby girl is here.
Baby Girl 3.14.2014
Not Ranked
Posts 234
jules76 replied on 04-22-2011 9:18 AM

Hope all turns out ok for you!!! 

Just an FYI that RRL tea shouldn't affect CM, it tones the uterus.  There are other teas though that can affect CM such as green tea and I believe some white tea but even then they shouldn't cause EWCM to be produced well after O.  I drink a lot of green tea and I do notice more EWCM before O but even when I keep drinking it after O CM stays dry.  Also, antibiotics can cause CM to be more fertile (usually more watery).   

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS