Search

help

Should I stop False Unicorn Root after O? Any Personal experiences?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 170
TheMrs Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2011 3:44 PM

I've never taken it before, so this is my first cycle trying it.  I'm feeling a little bit more tugging and pulling during O, but I don't know if that's related to the herb.

Did it help anyone else out?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
myx replied on Sat, Apr 2 2011 1:21 PM

Hi TheMrs,

Right after my period, I started drinking two cups of red raspberry tea and a shot of juice with 14 drops of false unicorn root (tinture) everyday at 12 pm and again at 6pm.  I continued taking both of these until about a week after ovulation (of course my dh and I baby danced aroun/on/after ovualtion time) Then I stopped drinking the red raspberry, but continued taking the false unicorn root tinture after ovualtion (still taking it).  From what I've researched False Unicorn is safe to take for up to 12 weeks if you are pregnant so as to prevent miscarriages.   During this time I also took my otc prenatal vitamin and low-dose (baby) asprin (still taking it).  

I got my first ever BFP this cycle. Currently I'm 5 weeks and 2 days.

I know that it was the regiment I put in place this month with the red raspberry, false unicorn, and baby asprin that got us the BFP we've been longing for because it was the only different thing I did.  Note: we didn't think it would happen this month because we found out before I ovualted that my dh has low sperm count and his fertility score was 0.  We were depressed after we received the news, but decided to continue trying anyway because I was trying something new with my cycle this time around. 

Sprinkling Baby Dust!!! Baby Dust

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 10,049
ThreePrinces replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:56 AM

False Unicorn Root is one of the ingredients in Welcome Womb.  Welcome Womb is to be taken after ovulation and during the first trimester of pregnancy to prevent miscarriages and "quiet the uterus."  I'm taking Welcome Womb this cycle (started 3dpo).  So far, I'm still getting AF cramps.  Figures.  I'm not sold.  Nothing herbal works for me.

3 amazing sons

Natalie Grace, after 40 months TTC!  Born February 12, 2012 at 2:18 A.M.  6 lb, 13 oz of pure joy!

Not Ranked
Posts 170
TheMrs replied on Mon, Apr 4 2011 10:56 AM

Thanks for answering, girls.  I didn't take it after O but maybe I will next month.  AF started this morning, we didn't really try this month.  The info about false unicorn root was helpful.

DH is taking herbs and acu this cycle so I'll continue the root!  

Congrats myx....that's so exciting.

Wish me luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
myx replied on Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:06 AM

TheMrs like you I've never had a bfp.  I read into every little symptom I had and didn't have until it drove me crazy and to no avail.  Finally, I made the move to try herbs.  I knew it would take 3 or more months to work, but because I have regular periods like clockwork I also knew the herbs might work right away.  Lucky for me I didn't have to wait long. Anyway. I wish you the best of luck and that you get your bfp soon!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS